Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And its proper born losing mentality to say win on Saturday and everything is ok. Its absolutely not ok. What happened tonight is gone forever and cannot be made right.

We are just a bunch of losers. No standards and no pressure to succeed.

We had 3k down there tonight and they were let down again. At some point the club needs to wake up and realise the toll these embarrassments take out of everyone.

Not to our key players though. DCL, Doucoure and Richarlison were available more often than not. We have got nothing even close to being able to replace them. I think we will be fine and may even be able to push on but I could also see this unraveling really quickly.

All 3 were injured last season mate!

Along with:
Pickford, Digne, Mina, Godfrey, Holgate, Coleman, Allan, James etc. Often more than once, for prolonged periods.

I thought Benitez was going to solve our injury problems anyway?

I'm sure that if we qualify for the magnificent Europa conference league, when we are playing FC Bloodbank in Transylvania we will look back and laugh at this result

Most of them players had a week off for the International break.

But yeah lets rest them as the mighty Norwich are in town at the weekend.
Resting players is over rated, how do you ever build consistency or momentum by making 6 or 7 changes per game? We are not in the luxurious position of playing weakened squads in certain competitions. Realically what are we playing for this season, we wont be title contenders, we wont be top 4 challengers, we wont be top 6 challengers even with our strongest side fit all season, we`re out of the league cup and just the FA Cup which all the big boys want.

Already all we have to play for is to finish as high as possible but below 6th, the return of the 7th placed trophy and even that will be hard with the emergence of Leicester, Leeds and Villa....

Against Brighton we were missing pickford, allan, doucoure, dcl, gomes and more. We started davies, Holgate and siggy in midfield.

Our bench was Virginia, tyer, nkounkou, John, welch, broadhead, price and iwobi.

Digne missed a large potion, James missed a load, doucoure missed 7 on the bounce.

Revisionism going on here. We had the 2nd worst injury list after liverpool.

Wait, what? There is no agenda here, no revisionism, what have I got to gain from that? That's not my angle.

All I am saying is we seem to be dropping like flies and the lack of usable back ups in key areas is shocking.

On train home now. Disappointing to go out like that - we had some chances but it was an irritatingly sloppy, careless performance. I think none of the squad/fringe players did anything whatsoever to push for a place once better options are fit and available. Begovic may as well not have bothered going between the sticks for the pens. Tricky times ahead - Norwich now even more important than it was a few hours ago.

I'm sure that if we qualify for the magnificent Europa conference league, when we are playing FC Bloodbank in Transylvania we will look back and laugh at this result

To finish in that place we would need to finish above 2 or maybe 3 of the teams below, is that realistic?

Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Leicester
West Ham
Leeds
Villa

Lose to Norwich and that would top the perfect week wouldnt it?

All 3 were injured last season mate!

Along with:
Pickford, Digne, Mina, Godfrey, Holgate, Coleman, Allan, James etc. Often more than once, for prolonged periods.

I thought Benitez was going to solve our injury problems anyway?
Whoa whoa whoa...

You seem to have me confused as being a Benitez guy? How very dare you?

I don't even know how I have fell into this debate. All I am saying is I am massively concerned that Richarlison and DCL could miss more time this season as they have been playing solidly for a few years now and we have nothing beyond them.

Whoa whoa whoa...

You seem to have me confused as being a Benitez guy? How very dare you?

I don't even know how I have fell into this debate. All I am saying is I am massively concerned that Richarlison and DCL could miss more time this season as they have been playing solidly for a few years now and we have nothing beyond them.

Sorry mate. I'm just a but frustrated. Moving Kean on for Rondon could prove to be a big mistake from Benitez IMO.

Wait, what? There is no agenda here, no revisionism, what have I got to gain from that? That's not my angle.

All I am saying is we seem to be dropping like flies and the lack of usable back ups in key areas is shocking.
You said we didn't have many injuries to key players which simply wasn't true. Every player from our first choice 11 was injured at one or more points, with several of them at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.