Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone old enough to remember Hong Kong flu late 60s. Similar to this virus came from animals. Between 1 and four million died. Vaccine only after it died down
Asian flu 1957 killed roughly the same
Spanish flu 1919 killed between 25-50 million people.
It's horrible but these thing happen. Me personally I don't want to go but I've had a good life so I'm not going to worry if it gets me. Going to continue living my normal life until the government direct me to do something different.
Would like to be here to see the new ground though

This, same for me. I will be 78 by the time BMD opens.

Anyone old enough to remember Hong Kong flu late 60s. Similar to this virus came from animals. Between 1 and four million died. Vaccine only after it died down
Asian flu 1957 killed roughly the same
Spanish flu 1919 killed between 25-50 million people.
It's horrible but these thing happen. Me personally I don't want to go but I've had a good life so I'm not going to worry if it gets me. Going to continue living my normal life until the government direct me to do something different.
Would like to be here to see the new ground though
Goodluck pal, and all who sail in you.

We're not in the EU now remember. Plus airports know if you've come from another country.
From what I read, it’s nothing to do with the EU and something to do with the ‘Schengen area’...whatever that is. Think it includes a lot of the Scandinavian countries not in the EU too

Speaking as someone who has worked in the medical field for twenty years and counting, got swine flu in 2009 and was left with pneumonia, then developed lung trouble which lasted six years, personally I understand people’s concern but I think, considering that over 90% of people infected will get mild symptoms and recover, that there is a lot of unnecessary hysteria going on currently.

For me personally its reading those accounts from Italy and how bad things are there now that has really got me on this. If we can prevent that we should - I know they're talking about doing that but as if people can be trusted to self isolate with colds.

They have to cancel the league not just play behind closed doors. Players around Europe and now probably in this league have got it after todays news. Champions league and Europe league will be stopped la Liga and seria a has already been suspended. Liverpool players could possibly have it after playing Madrid in a few days. Health and safety above money. Hate to say Liverpool deserve the League but I don’t care about them it’s more about other teams fighting for European places and in relegation or promotion places. To play behind closed doors just ain’t fair on home team advantages just against football for me. Lesser teams depend on there fans against better teams end off.

Can you imagine the response from the prem? ‘Would love to cancel the games, but you see the problem is that United might make the CL this year and Liverpool will win the prem and Henry and Woodward won’t let us appoint a new CEO unless we do what they want so effectively we’re carrying on’
Interesting that they are now officially out of the CL, if a statement of suspension would include if they will remain champions.
As long as they mathematically haven’t won the league as well, if it’s suspended they can’t be named as winners either
I would assume EVERYTHING is being done to avoid both scenarios :coffee:
Don’t even get me started on United

Status
Not open for further replies.