Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it’s a flue strain, that’s killing people and you woudnt want it being a member of your family would you? Stupid post, this is people’s lives lad.
What a total tit of a post
Read it again and look at what I have mentioned over the elderly and vulnerable.
I have not once made light of the severity of this virus, if anything I have more than once expressed concerns over it.

Take your time in reading it....
You have made out like it’s nothing have you not?
I have said let’s not get all end of the world here... which would be mad, surely you have to agree

I have stressed the concerns I have over the elderly and vulnerable, I have also mentioned the stress on the NHS

I honestly think you have read it in the wrong context
Lads, this is sorta what I was getting at.

The media, and public opinion in here also currently, seems to be “its only a cold” or “we’re all gonna die”.

For me, taking a step back and doing what’s best for the vulnerable, rather than being extreme, is probably best.

What I will say is that I dont get the clamor to see footie shut off - best thing to do after a hard weeks graft is to watch the Blues.

I get the panic over the virus but when 80% of people only suffer mild symptons - meh think we as a free loving country will soon have to get used to a number of draconian measures.

Interesting to see how the middle classes with money on the hip cope with inevitable no travel, meals out or being able to go down the pub or sightseeing

Young lads and lasses not able to go clubbing or concerts/festivals/racing etc.

One of the worst post I’ve seen in the history of GOT

Anyone old enough to remember Hong Kong flu late 60s. Similar to this virus came from animals. Between 1 and four million died. Vaccine only after it died down
Asian flu 1957 killed roughly the same
Spanish flu 1919 killed between 25-50 million people.
It's horrible but these thing happen. Me personally I don't want to go but I've had a good life so I'm not going to worry if it gets me. Going to continue living my normal life until the government direct me to do something different.
Would like to be here to see the new ground though
You'll be ok mate.

Interesting that they are now officially out of the CL, if a statement of suspension would include if they will remain champions.
As long as they mathematically haven’t won the league as well, if it’s suspended they can’t be named as winners either
I would assume EVERYTHING is being done to avoid both scenarios :coffee:
Don’t even get me started on United

If they anoint Liverpool as champions -- despite them not having actually clinched it yet -- and simply leave everything else as it stands, you'll have legal actions all over the gaff. Starting with Leeds and West Brom, plus all those other teams currently in automatic promotion spots in the lower divisions as well as all those teams currently in their respective drop zones (none of which are as yet mathematically assured of relegation). Voiding the season outright would [Poor language removed] significantly fewer teams, but so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.