Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t know with absolute certainty. But they’re pretty sure you will have immunity. One or two cases of people claiming to be reinfected but likely these were either misdiagnosed or not completely free of the virus in first place.
Yeah this basically- sounds like the tests arent / haven't been 100% accurate too

If they anoint Liverpool as champions -- despite them not having actually clinched it yet -- and simply leave everything else as it stands, you'll have legal actions all over the gaff. Starting with Leeds and West Brom, plus all those other teams currently in automatic promotion spots in the lower divisions as well as all those teams currently in their respective drop zones (none of which are as yet mathematically assured of relegation). Voiding the season outright would [Poor language removed] significantly fewer teams, but so be it.

This is the problem they have. I think they’d like to hang on until Liverpool officially win it but then you have the problem of everything else that isn’t decided which is why I think they’ll hope they can do behind closed doors until the end of the season. I still think that leaves the league open to legal challenge as some teams at the bottom will have 6 pointers at home that they have no advantage for now. They have to make a decisive decision to either carry on come what may or cancel it. There’s no in between step in my view.

This is the problem they have. I think they’d like to hang on until Liverpool officially win it but then you have the problem of everything else that isn’t decided which is why I think they’ll hope they can do behind closed doors until the end of the season. I still think that leaves the league open to legal challenge as some teams at the bottom will have 6 pointers at home that they have no advantage for now. They have to make a decisive decision to either carry on come what may or cancel it. There’s no in between step in my view.

Playoff? Sounds fair only if all team involve are happy with it.

Lads, this is sorta what I was getting at.

The media, and public opinion in here also currently, seems to be “its only a cold” or “we’re all gonna die”.

For me, taking a step back and doing what’s best for the vulnerable, rather than being extreme, is probably best.

Please read my post

Taken completely out of context, I have stressed my concerns around the elderly and vulnerable.
If anything I agree in part with what Marty is saying, but not the end of world stuff

Oh god can you imagine what would happen if they ended the league early / didn't award anything including relegations etc. Seriously the kopites would go nuclear. There would be questions on Parliament, rallies, marches, the FA and media would be bombarded, an Echo campaign, even death threats, the works. We would never hear the end of it until eventually the FA would relent and the rs would be given an 'honorary' league championship to add to their list (and if the season ended today I do not doubt that this would still eventually happen).

China has only had 15 confirmed new cases today and their government is claiming they are over the worse. Let's hope so.
Also read that WHO and an American company provided China with the ebola vaccine and also this new hiv vaccine and this has been given to patients in china. And although not a cure they have helped. Don't know how much was made available because I reckon both of these will be expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.