Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
China has only had 15 confirmed new cases today and their government is claiming they are over the worse. Let's hope so.
Also read that WHO and an American company provided China with the ebola vaccine and also this new hiv vaccine and this has been given to patients in china. And although not a cure they have helped. Don't know how much was made available because I reckon both of these will be expensive
They say 15, but really it's probably 15,000.

It's Leicester!

even if they say play behind closed doors the players are only human why are they getting put at risk ?
For instance say London for instance became a hotspot , would it be the right thing to ask a player to put himself and family at risk just over a game of football.

even if they say play behind closed doors the players are only human why are they getting put at risk ?
For instance say London for instance became a hotspot , would it be the right thing to ask a player to put himself and family at risk just over a game of football.

But who have those players been in contact with and when, plonker Rodgers.

China has only had 15 confirmed new cases today and their government is claiming they are over the worse. Let's hope so.
Also read that WHO and an American company provided China with the ebola vaccine and also this new hiv vaccine and this has been given to patients in china. And although not a cure they have helped. Don't know how much was made available because I reckon both of these will be expensive

Don’t believe too much of anything coming out of China.

I believe the drug you mention is remdesivir. By far the most effective vaccine out there but still under trial.

Lads, this is sorta what I was getting at.

The media, and public opinion in here also currently, seems to be “its only a cold” or “we’re all gonna die”.

For me, taking a step back and doing what’s best for the vulnerable, rather than being extreme, is probably best.

I think the majority on here are being sensible. I don't think it's panicking to consider limiting public events and gatherings for a few weeks to slow the virus down somewhat.

There's just one or two edgy types on here that seem to think they know better than the WHO and PHE on how to manage things.

*runs to B&M to stock up on 3-ply*

I think the majority on here are being sensible. I don't think it's panicking to consider limiting public events and gatherings for a few weeks to slow the virus down somewhat.

There's just one or two edgy types on here that seem to think they know better than the WHO and PHE on how to manage things.

Big issue I'm seeing is that those two have conflicting views on it - WHO says it should taken very seriously and PHE / English government wants it to burn through the population quickly as per that Peston tweet.

Believe me. 4 ply is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.