Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too simplistic a view - whos paying thousands of people's mortgages and rent who cant work from home?

Who's minding the kids if schools are closed? Cant be elderly relatives as if the kids have it then its passed on.

Are flights being banned to and from countries?

Are people allowed to stand in ques in Aldi/Tesco/Asda etc doing their food shop? What food supply will there be if no bugger is working in the production/travel of the supply?

Whats going to happen if businesses close / homes are repossessed - the strain on social services/welfare/housing/YMCA's/shelters

More people on the streets = less hygeine

Simply put lock down works for a small period of time and if the virus is still spreading (as it will do) and no vaccine is found - I dread to think how many on here will get by unless they are boomers or can work from home in secure employment.

Surely if you're worried about being away from work to not pay the mortgage you shouldn't be worrying about childcare????

Some countries are pausing mortgage payments, lots of companies have government sick pay which is being topped up higher to compensate. They're talking about a lockdown for a matter of weeks not 5 years.

Boris Johnson says he won’t ban mass gatherings.
I hate Johnson but I think this government are following the advice of the chief medical advisor and his team of experts. Think there would be a medical outcry if he was just doing his own thing.
As the news says it is a high risk decision not to ban with other countries doing it. And time will tell who is right.
Me I've got no medical qualifications but I personally think were doing the right thing at the moment. And it could change very quickly. I think there hoping to get through to the start of better weather when they hope the threat from the virus will be reduced and the NHS will not be as stretched. It's a gamble but its coming from the medical profession

I hate Johnson but I think this government are following the advice of the chief medical advisor and his team of experts. Think there would be a medical outcry if he was just doing his own thing.
As the news says it is a high risk decision not to ban with other countries doing it. And that time will tell who is right.
Me I've got no medical qualifications but I personally think were doing the right thing at the moment. And it could change very quickly. I think there hoping to get through to the start of better weather when they hope the threat from the virus will be reduced and the NHS will not be as stretched. It's a gamble butitscoming from the medical profession

He’s a disgrace him,

Not always mate - my point with social media is if they reported actual news and statistics there would be alot more calm about the place.

64+ million people in the UK and under 500 confirmed with the virus - a tiny proportion of the population yet reading this thread or twitter you would think its a zombie apocalypse.

The numbers show the spread will likely contact 80% of the population, also the numbers show the mortality rate fluctuates though 3-6%. The whole point is to slow down the spread, as catching it now is almost inevitable. If you slow it enough, you maintain accessibility to healthcare for the most vulnerable and needy, if you slow it more, you may delay the peak until the point it can be combatted with medical intervention.

The panic is not over what IS happening, but rather over what is LIKELY to happen. The Government seem to have an idea that we will build a herd immunity quite quickly if we let it spread, but its a dangerous game.

Personally, if we can stop one life being lost, then we should do what we can, but we are potentially talking here about circa 1.6m in UK alone.

D511906B-9900-406B-A86A-5D0992738F3D.png

You would hope this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. It’s absolutely ridiculous that the current policy is that fans, players, and match day staff could gather in a place with 30-70k other people when their is a global pandemic of a virus that might be carried by certain players themselves.

It’s absolutely mind boggling it hasn’t been suspended or cancelled yet. Absolutely crazy, but the lust for money in the premier league knows no bounds whatsoever. Corrupt, bent, money lusting, gangster controlled premier league. All those interested parties with billions invested on a Liverpool win will not want this cancelled.

Ok it’s a flue strain, that’s killing people and you woudnt want it being a member of your family would you? Stupid post, this is people’s lives lad.
Ok it’s a flue strain, that’s killing people and you woudnt want it being a member of your family would you? Stupid post, this is people’s lives lad.

What a total tit of a post
Read it again and look at what I have mentioned over the elderly and vulnerable.
I have not once made light of the severity of this virus, if anything I have more than once expressed concerns over it.

Take your time in reading it....

You would hope this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. It’s absolutely ridiculous that the current policy is that fans, players, and match day staff could gather in a place with 30-70k other people when their is a global pandemic of a virus that might be carried by certain players themselves.

It’s absolutely mind boggling it hasn’t been suspended or cancelled yet. Absolutely crazy, but the lust for money in the premier league knows no bounds whatsoever. Corrupt, bent, money lusting, gangster controlled premier league. All those interested parties with billions invested on a Liverpool win will not want this cancelled.

Someone at the Prem and Sky will be demanding that the games are behind closed doors so that the TV money is still pumped in

But it’s peoples lives and it’s got to be worth more than money to those fat cats!

Its mad isn't it - it's not just the win but a broadcasted dramatic one. I'd just give them the title if its cancelled, they've clearly won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.