Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All very well calling off football and other sports which are in the open air, cinemas shows go ahead, buses trans underground still run, so whats the point?

Speaking as someone who has worked in the medical field for twenty years and counting, got swine flu in 2009 and was left with pneumonia, then developed lung trouble which lasted six years, personally I understand people’s concern but I think, considering that over 90% of people infected will get mild symptoms and recover, that there is a lot of unnecessary hysteria going on currently.

given decisions that seem to be being made the choice to run last nights game seems particularly bizarre .
And deny Liverpool the chance of a ‘special European night’? I don’t know why you’re confused about it, seems like exactly the type of decision UEFA and the rest of them would make

All very well calling off football and other sports which are in the open air, cinemas shows go ahead, buses trans underground still run, so whats the point?

To slow the peak of the outbreak so that it occurs outside of the cold weather, hopefully to reduce spread and severity. Also to thin out the flow of patients into medical services so that they don't all get overwhelmed at the same time. Also, delaying might allow the discovery of am new effective counter measure.

Off the top of my head.

Speaking as someone who has worked in the medical field for twenty years and counting, got swine flu in 2009 and was left with pneumonia, then developed lung trouble which lasted six years, personally I understand people’s concern but I think, considering that over 90% of people infected will get mild symptoms and recover, that there is a lot of unnecessary hysteria going on currently.

What about the other 10%?

Anyone old enough to remember Hong Kong flu late 60s. Similar to this virus came from animals. Between 1 and four million died. Vaccine only after it died down
Asian flu 1957 killed roughly the same
Spanish flu 1919 killed between 25-50 million people.
It's horrible but these thing happen. Me personally I don't want to go but I've had a good life so I'm not going to worry if it gets me. Going to continue living my normal life until the government direct me to do something different.
Would like to be here to see the new ground though

And screw the other 10%?

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. A lot of people aren't worried about getting it THEMSELVES more who they're GIVING it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.