Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Republic of Ireland
All the schools nurseries, colleges , to be closed from 6pm tonight and advise all indoor mass gatherings of 100+ people and aoutdoor mass gatherings of 500+ should be cancelled
Us next hopefully
Yet STILL thousands of Irish will be among others at Cheltenham today and no doubt ferries and planes back at the weekend.

Ludicrous decision not to cancel the racing.

What makes it common sense?

If you cancel a football game then you don't have 40,000 in a stadium but you still have the same 40,000 people doing something. They still see people in day to day life. They still have exactly the same risk of catching the virus. Cancelling the game stops nothing.

Far too many people seem to think if you cancel the game then the 40,000 just don't exist any more and the risk has gone.

Most people who go to the shopping centres will be local, people travel from all over the country to attend matches and might take whatever they catch back to somewhere there wasn't a problem beforehand. If you want to delay the spread then cancelling sporting events and gigs is a vital part in the armoury.

So, sounds like they are actually taking sensible action then. Pretty intense.

Even despite this however, if the virus can spread symptomless, and people can be tested negative only to be positive a week later, how can they control it without repeated tests on those who are 'clean'? Is it just the assumption that self-isolation is being taken seriously?
I think the immediate 6 month minimum jail sentence in China for anyone found not to be fully complying with mandatory 'self-isolaton' helps it to be taken seriously.

I think the immediate 6 month minimum jail sentence in China for anyone found not to be fully complying with mandatory 'self-isolaton' helps it to be taken seriously.
That's exactly what I was looking for. Nice. Thanks for sharing

And here we go....

Ah blue tick attention seekers on twitter stirring the pot.

Those players could just have a cold - this is exactly what I mean in that social media and 24/7 news has a massive part to play in whipping up hysteria for £££ and clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.