Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a serious debate - how long would you propose the country being on lockdown for?

Weeks?
Months?
Years?

At present there is mass hysteria with a lack of actual debate on the topic.

Lack of actual debate? If you mean on here then that's probably due to the fact that there aren't many that consider themselves an expert on the matter and can't really comment much.

PHE have said we are currently at the start of what they expect to be a 20 week cycle. They expect schools and other major infrastructure to be closing around mid-April.

I imagine @turner will know considerably more, but he may well be a touch busy at the moment.

Stay safe sir.
Cheers mate. Things are getting much better here in Beijing, but only because of the draconian measures implemented (most places shut, temperature checks everwhere, mandatory facemasks and even a freaking 'coronovirus healthy resident card', that I need to show just to get into my own street)!

Cheers mate. Things are getting much better here in Beijing, but only because of the draconian measures implemented (most places shut, temperature checks everwhere, mandatory facemasks and even a freaking 'coronovirus healthy resident card', that I need to show just to get into my own street)!
Without being tested every day, how does that card even help?

OK so give me a good reason to cancel the merseyside derby on Monday night? What are the actual health risks involved with the match going ahead?

It will be played but behind closed doors, so will all games scheduled for this weekend. Decision will be announced later today

And flutes ( not my words ) on here want the derby to go ahead in a packed Goodson after 3000 Madrid fans being in the city for 2 days
Unbelievable Jeff
You couldn’t make it up
But hey lads like their footy
If a few old lads die so what

If spanish/italian/chinese tourists etc etc can still fly in and out of the country willy nilly it seems futile to me.

The majority of the outbreaks havent been caused by football or concert grounds its been people travelling to and from countries and passing it on unaware going about daily business which seems to continue to be happening.

Just announced in Ireland, Closures

The decision applies to all schools and third-level institutions. It will also apply to other public facilities. All these measures will take effect from 6pm today until 29 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.