Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you realise that most, if not all of those Athletico fans probably don't have coronavirus but lets assume they did. Some RS fans may have been infected, they'll then go home to their family and mix with them, they'll go to work and mix with people there, they'll go to the shops, to the pub, to the park, to the gym. If people feel OK to go to a football match on a monday night then they'll have been mixing with other people for the previous few days. So how does cancelling the match prevent the spread of the virus?
You have answered your own question there
You might not realise it but you have

I assume you realise that most, if not all of those Athletico fans probably don't have coronavirus but lets assume they did. Some RS fans may have been infected, they'll then go home to their family and mix with them, they'll go to work and mix with people there, they'll go to the shops, to the pub, to the park, to the gym. If people feel OK to go to a football match on a monday night then they'll have been mixing with other people for the previous few days. So how does cancelling the match prevent the spread of the virus?

Because you don’t get 65,000 people gathering in a pub or the gym do you?

It doesnt it contains it tho doesn’t it from spreading more at the least.

There some great deals on flights to China and Northern Italy if you’re interested
No
I wonder why

Playing games behind closed doors seems morally wrong to me, we keep getting told football is a business these days, but what other businesses operate without its customers? The only winners will be SKY/BT etc and their advertisers who will see a significant spike in viewers. Feels like its just another kick in the teeth to the fans, the people who made football what it is.

If this virus affected IT equipment not humans and SKY/BT etc couldn't broadcast a game, there is no doubt the game would be cancelled

The fans at the ground aren't the customers that matter. It's the TV audience that makes the dosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.