Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to get ahead of Coronovirus, that's the only way. That means listening to the experts, and stopping gatherings (even if that includes footie).

If you chose to play catch catch up and only take action after the worst scenario has hit, then you find yourself in a zombie hell like those poor sods in Wuhan and northern Italy.

I'm speaking from experience, as somebody working in China at moment who has been in lockdown for 6 weeks now.

Hope you keep safe mate.

Without being tested every day, how does that card even help?
It basically means I have been registered as residing in the city for more than 14 days. Anyone entering the city from elsewhere in China (or internationally) has to do 14 days enforced quarantine. This can now involve being driven directly from the airport to your 'quarantine hotel'.

Anticipating your follow up question... yes the government know if you have come into the city from elsewhere. All travel booking and mobile phones require self name registration, and all payment transactions are via online apps. The government has unfettered access to all this data footprint for tracking social harmony. Oh and there are facial recognition cameras on most street corners as well. Welcome to the future!

British people who live in Italy interviewed on the BBC there earlier, saying they thought the decision to allow that game last night to go ahead was unbelievable given what the situation is.

That'll cost us all.

Liverpool FC
Johnson and his government
UEFA

You've passed death sentences on people in this city.

You, like I know Dave, that's what they wanted.

It basically means I have been registered as residing in the city for more than 14 days. Anyone entering the city from elsewhere in China (or internationally) has to do 14 days enforced quarantine. This can now involve being driven directly from the airport to your 'quarantine hotel'.

Anticipating your follow up question... yes the government know if you have come into the city from elsewhere. All travel booking and mobile phones require self name registration, and all payment transactions are via online apps. The government has unfettered access to all this data footprint for tracking social harmony. Oh and there are facial recognition cameras on most street corners as well. Welcome to the future!
So, sounds like they are actually taking sensible action then. Pretty intense.

Even despite this however, if the virus can spread symptomless, and people can be tested negative only to be positive a week later, how can they control it without repeated tests on those who are 'clean'? Is it just the assumption that self-isolation is being taken seriously?

My mistake, 40,000 people clearly gather in pubs and gyms regularly, apologies.
Obviously not one single pub or one single gym but have a wander round Liverpool city centre on Friday and Saturday night. I'm pretty sure there will be far more than 40,000 in the numerous pubs and clubs in very close proximity, breathing on eachother, going to the toilet without washing their hands, kissing etc.
Cancelling a football game does nothing to stop human interaction.

If spanish/italian/chinese tourists etc etc can still fly in and out of the country willy nilly it seems futile to me.

The majority of the outbreaks havent been caused by football or concert grounds its been people travelling to and from countries and passing it on unaware going about daily business which seems to continue to be happening.

Mate how are you not getting that it's in the PUBLICS interest for the powers that be cancel everything like the other country’s are doing, containment is better than spread

Obviously not one single pub or one single gym but have a wander round Liverpool city centre on Friday and Saturday night. I'm pretty sure there will be far more than 40,000 in the numerous pubs and clubs in very close proximity, breathing on eachother, going to the toilet without washing their hands, kissing etc.
Cancelling a football game does nothing to stop human interaction.

But it helps and it’s a start ffs.

Sigh.

Social media really has brought out the worst in folk - if your elderly relatives catch anything or even fall over their is massive risks - I lost my gran who fell over in her garden and suffered complications from it where anyone of normal age just gets a few cuts and grazes.

Yes we need to be careful but there has to be a proper debate on how this thing is tackled - not just SHUT DER LEEEGE DOWN TO STOP LFC WINNING IT which seems to be the main worry for folk.

You not catching it on the bus or crowded train to work?

The elderly not at risk from care home / medical staff who may be infected?

How you ever going to not be in close proximity to someone or something that someone has touched?

How do you prevent something airborne that has been found to potentially travel in air conditioning systems from spreading?

Or the tons of people still flying in and out from all over the world?

Close the schools? Great who minds the kids of people working and of doctors/nurses who need to be in the hospitals and GP practices?

Simply put this thing is going to go through the population regardless of what measures are in place - the only hope is a vaccine is found fast.

It's just common sense. If you can cancel scenarios where thousands of people mix together then you should do whether it's a football game, a gig or a shopping centre.

It's just common sense. If you can cancel scenarios where thousands of people mix together then you should do whether it's a football game, a gig or a shopping centre.
All hospitality, pubs, restaurants, and social gatherings like events, football, should all be cancelled.

Just have the hiatus now, quarantine, wait for it to all blow over and avoid the worst of it.

All hospitality, pubs, restaurants, and social gatherings like events, football, should all be cancelled.

Just have the hiatus now, quarantine, wait for it to all blow over and avoid the worst of it.

Should and hopefully will. Care home needs to be monitored especially, schools school, I understand the economic side of things but to me keeping people alive is more important than money.

Status
Not open for further replies.