Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just common sense. If you can cancel scenarios where thousands of people mix together then you should do whether it's a football game, a gig or a shopping centre.
What makes it common sense?

If you cancel a football game then you don't have 40,000 in a stadium but you still have the same 40,000 people doing something. They still see people in day to day life. They still have exactly the same risk of catching the virus. Cancelling the game stops nothing.

Far too many people seem to think if you cancel the game then the 40,000 just don't exist any more and the risk has gone.

Obviously not one single pub or one single gym but have a wander round Liverpool city centre on Friday and Saturday night. I'm pretty sure there will be far more than 40,000 in the numerous pubs and clubs in very close proximity, breathing on eachother, going to the toilet without washing their hands, kissing etc.
Cancelling a football game does nothing to stop human interaction.
So stoping 40,000 people being in a confined space for 3 hours does not constitute stopping human interaction on some scale
Right so
I’ll inform the various European governments and health experts

If you cancel a football game then you don't have 40,000 in a stadium but you still have the same 40,000 people doing something. They still see people in day to day life. They still have exactly the same risk of catching the virus. Cancelling the game stops nothing.

Far too many people seem to think if you cancel the game then the 40,000 just don't exist any more and the risk has gone.
Are you confused?

What I find very concerning or maybe just pure stupidity, if you look on RAWK they are actually saying, planning and organising to go to Anfield anyway for the Palace game and create an atmosphere outside the ground so the players can still hear them. Are they all absolutely stupid ?

Summed them up with just three words ;);)

Where in any of my posts have I insinuated this? You're just being a moron here tbh. Yes 40,000 people away from the stadium might still catch/spread but those 40,000 still then have a conscious choice of where to go (not all fans live around the ground), whom to see etc. and aren't crammed all next to each other shouting, sneezing, spitting, touching banisters and seats.

You cannot stop this thing but you can be smart and avoid mass gatherings. With your argument you must think it's silly anything is being closed down not just football stadiums.

Mate how are you not getting that it's in the PUBLICS interest for the powers that be cancel everything like the other country’s are doing, containment is better than spread
This is the main part - I see a lot of arguments saying that scientists and qualified medical people are advising the government that they don't need to take the measures other countries are doing. But its not like this is the prevailing advice worldwide - even the WHO is urging people to take it more seriously. Yet we aren't - and I refuse to believe our professionals know better.

Then I read Italian doctors and officials traumatised that they didn't act sooner and imploring others to act now. They've lived that hell, yet again the English know best. I really hope that we do, but I highly doubt it.

But people within those 40 000 are not as likely to be as close together for at least 90 minutes if they're not at an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.