Baines
Coleman
McCarthy
Mirallas
Besic
Lukaku
Barkley

John Stones Catagory
Stones - needs his own because that boy is beast.

....I think they are all good footballers, it's just that some are better than others. We should strive to improve what we have.
Yes I agree bar one is never going to score enough, and cost 6 million , but we need a few signings to bolster the squad - another forward, a play-maker, and a Centre back ?

Yes I agree bar one is never going to score enough, and cost 6 million , but we need a few signings to bolster the squad - another forward, a play-maker, and a Centre back ?

.....yep, priority (for me) has to be an effective striker. Also, we lack tempo in the top third especially when Miallas isn't playing.

I can't answer for most of them, old 32+ knackered lids excepted. The younguns/peakers are only as good as the tactics that play to their strengths.... or not, as was the case last season.

Except Kone.... Kone can just feck off!

Look at our squad in 2004/05 - a more motley crew you couldn't hope to find. But teamwork and tactics won the day! A bunch of average players that finished as the worst survivng team the previous year got into the champions league.

Poor
Robles
Hibbert
McGeady
Kone

Average
Howard
Gibson
Oviedo
Cleverley
Barry
Deulofeu
Osman
Pienaar
Garbutt
Besic
Mirallas
Naismith

Good
Jagielka
Baines
Stones
Coleman
McCarthy
Lukaku
Barkley

. Besic, Garbutt & Deulofeu have the potential to move into the good category
. Mirallas & Gibson should be in the good category if it wasn't for injuries & inconsistency

Poor
Osman
Barry
Kone
McGeady

Average
Mirallas
Oviedo
Naismith
Cleverley
Gibson
Howard

Good
Baines
Stones
Coleman
McCarthy
Besic
Lukaku
Barkley
Pienaar
Jagielka
Deulofeu

I can't answer for most of them, old 32+ knackered lids excepted. The younguns/peakers are only as good as the tactics that play to their strengths.... or not, as was the case last season.

Except Kone.... Kone can just feck off!

Look at our squad in 2004/05 - a more motley crew you couldn't hope to find. But teamwork and tactics won the day! A bunch of average players that finished as the worst survivng team the previous year got into the champions league.
That season showed what can be achieved with a solid defence. I still can't believe that Real Madrid wanted bought Graveson off us that season. He was one of our best players but he was no where near Real Madrid's level. He made 34 appearances for them as well.

It's often said that Everton have some good players, some poor, and some average – but which are which? Let's find out.

Poor
Howard
Robles
Hibbert
McGeady
Naismith
Kone

Average
Gibson
Jagielka
Oviedo
Lukaku
Cleverley
Barry
Deulofeu
Osman
Pienaar
Barkley
Garbutt

Good
Baines
Stones
Coleman
McCarthy
Mirallas
Besic

Why Robles in the poor section? He did some Clean sheets when Howard were injured, can't ask for more than that.

Poor
Hibbert
McGeady
Kone
Barry

Average
Howard (Close to good)
Robles
Gibson
Naismith
Oviedo
Osman