Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wanted Samuel since this mess began and I still do (lets not wet ourselves when these massive names like Diego are mentioned, those guys are not coming here as much as that hurts) but I look at it as between DU & Sammy, which would get us the Striker we badly require in Jan, Sam has to have some pulling power, DU is an unknown to the most part. Thoughts of M O'Neill make me want to vomit and I'm Irish

I only go to about seven or eight aways in a season these days due to financial reasons and I watched today's shambles in a pub near where my sister lives in Speke.

At the sound of the full-time whistle a blue in the pub said to his mate: "I don't care what you say lad. I'm still glad we gave Unsworth a chance instead of bringing in that c*** Big Sam. Rhino's a blue and Big Sam's a w****r".

It's this sort of ludicrous attitude that will get us relegated. Guardiola isn't a blue but we'd all take him in a heartbeat. Not that I'm comparing Big Sam to Guardiola like, but he's an established Premier League manager who got West Ham into the top 7 and Bolton into the top 6. And he's never been relegated. Ever. How many managers can say that? Certainly not Moyes or Silva or Dyche.

If Big Sam wants a 3 year deal then I say give it to him. We can always sack him off in a year or two if he's not got us into the top 6 or 7 by then. Relegation would potentially cost us hundreds of millions. It would even cost us our new stadium. Big Sam would cost us £6million a year, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.