Poll : Martinez Post Newcastle

Martinez?

• In

• Out

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how a performance like todays is now labelled "Un-Martinez like" even though we played even better than that throughout last season.

A multitude of things have gone wrong this season, and yes, some terrible decisions from the manager have contributed massively, but it's not all solely down to "Arrrrr Roberto just wants us playing tiki taka crab ball lad".

One thought maybe the comparison of Barry & Gibson. Gibson keeps his head up and looks forward Barry seems to go side to side and backwards. Thankfully, Martinez doesn't have a selection headache next week between these two. Neither fleet of foot but Gibbo finds attackers with regularity.

I voted out for now mainly as he has stubbornly stuck to tactics and a way of playing that hasn't worked for months now and although positive signs today It's one game at the end of the day. The fact he has got us into Relegation battle with arguably our strongest squad since the late 80s is pretty poor gravy too.
If he can mastermind a Europa League run to the Quarters/Semis along with easing us out of our current League Predicament then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for next season.

Whether or not Naismith and Barry walk straight back into the team will have a huge bearing on our form over the next few games. We clearly play miles better without them, as we've shown today. I still don't trust Martinez to stick with a winning side and leave his favourites out, but if he proves me wrong and does it, then that will be a start. He needs to show he's learning from his mistakes before I can put my absolute faith in him
think naismith will get back in as i cant see kone getting multiple games in a row from a fitness stand point

HE hasn't changed anything, the Crowd made the Players change on Thursday, he's just kept on with it coz it works.

Unless we make a complete fiasco of a one goal lead in Kiev, by reverting back to type I am resigned to the fact he will be here at the start of next season.

But if he's still doing his mike walker impression in Sept / Oct...

I love how a performance like todays is now labelled "Un-Martinez like" even though we played even better than that throughout last season.

A multitude of things have gone wrong this season, and yes, some terrible decisions from the manager have contributed massively, but it's not all solely down to "Arrrrr Roberto just wants us playing tiki taka crab ball lad".

I stand ready to be corrected but I can't recall us starting a game with two out and out strikers last season.

Still voting for him to remain in charge.

We'll ride this storm; the players will learn from it and will be better equipped to cope with, and avoid, such scenarios in the future. Well, apart from Koné, Robles, Alcaraz, and McCarthy that is, who must be thinking "F%@k me! Not this again!"

end this ridiculous poll now...will go down as one of Everton's finest Managers ever, and esteemed Evertonians like my man @davek will be revered for the visionary genius he is

There should be another poll really, for those who haven't been happy with Martinez and how we've played this season (pretty much 99% of the forum bar 1 poster) :

Are you ;

A : happy with the way we played today and glad we changed from pointless backwards passing to a more direct approach (ala last season)

or

B : a plotter still hoping for a return to Sergeant Major Moyes and his agricultural hoofball

Something tells me that would be the most onesided poll in GOT history.

You'll never know unless you try..

Status
Not open for further replies.