Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you would, would you? That's awfully bold of you, mate. Controversial.

Tell me, mate. How you going to convince a bloke who's 1 point off the top of the Bundesliga, flying in the Champions League, with arguably the best young squad in Europe, to come to a 18th placed Everton side with problems all over the pitch?

Sort that last bit and we're sound, like. I'm probably with you, I'd have Nagelsmann too.
Firstly I’d triple his current salary, and let him have a say on future signings alongside Brands.
We think nothing on lashing 30-40million on players, so why not spend big on a new manager !
It’s worth a try surely, we’ve got nothing to lose, you don’t ask, you don’t get

Do I want Moyes? No.
Would I care if Moyes came back for 6 months to get us out of the crapper? No.
We survived Allardyce we can survive anything.

Do I want Moyes? No.
Would I care if Moyes came back for 6 months to get us out of the crapper? No.
We survived Allardyce we can survive anything.

Agreed

Sadly if we have to take Moyes for 6 months while a long term successor is found then I would reluctantly hold my nose.

I say this. It’s not for any great love for Moyes just that things can’t get any worse right now and if Moyes can stabilise this until we’re safe then show him the door.

long term Moyes as a solution?

HELL NO !!!!!!!!!
No matter what that bell Alan Brazil might think on Talk Sh*#e radio

Last edited:
my post didn’t mention the original job he did. Of course it was good. Many many many years ago

neither did I say I blamed him for going to man u

% football manager allowed full reign at a reasonably big club to play mostly defensive football and keep expectations low for 11yrs in SHOCK achievement of his goal

It was 2013 he left, under five years ago, hardly a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Not explicitly but it was inferred, if you think he did a good job here, then i see very little reason why you wouldn't welcome a return.

I think it is a bit of myth that he plays defensive football to be honest, he can play some great stuff, id acknowledge if he has a poor team to work with he tries to make it solid depending on the context, like when he first came here or Sunderland and early days WHU.

We want to improve as a club ,can anyone tell me how appointing him would be a sign that we are on the up.Yes I know we lost to a weakened side last night but really we could have lost to any team playing like that .

tenor.gif

Erm...

No.

It was 2013 he left, under five years ago, hardly a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Not explicitly but it was inferred, if you think he did a good job here, then i see very little reason why you wouldn't welcome a return.

I think it is a bit of myth that he plays defensive football to be honest, he can play some great stuff, id acknowledge if he has a poor team to work with he tries to make it solid depending on the context, like when he first came here or Sunderland and early days WHU.

the original job as in at the start

many many many years ago

he is by nature a % football exponent. Keep it tight. Control as much as possible what the players do on the pitch. Set up to not lose and hope to grab a win. No interest in much else.

he occasionally hit a a sweet spot with teams when it clicked and he let them loose to play actual football but as soon as we had a chance of doing something he would go back in his shell. The vast majority was defensive dullness.

Id want him as Everton manager doing all of those things to other clubs to be honest.

I thought he wasnt given a fair crack at Utd to be honest, but i think differently about managers and short term reigns then most, i think every manager needs three years min.

the respect is gone mate. I can’t recall any former players/staff who spoke of us in such manners, yet we are offering our club to him as a platform to boast his ego once again.

I think Moyes was very good at picking a team that worked well together with both players' abilities and personalities. We need another manager like that.

When Moyes was still here, the team dynamics of world football still had the manager as the last word, but for the past several years, the players have started to have much more power. For that reason, I don't think that Moyes can recreate the Everton team he once had.

Hearing the words "This season is a right off" is becoming a bit familiar. Getting Moyes in is just embarrassing. Tim Cahill as his assistant to soften the blow is not going to work with me. What has he actually done since he left us?

Status
Not open for further replies.