Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno about that. We were in dire straits when he came in, and not just on the field. We were borrowing money just to have the proverbial pot to **** in!
I always think the death spiral under Walter just needed a change, any change, and Moyes back to basics ticket was the basic formula of most managers in such situations and it worked. It has to be said 7th in his first full season was effectively completed with Walter's players so they couldn't have been that dire plus the inheritance of the crown jewels that was Rooney who's sale eventually rescued us financially.

Trouble is the rescue package became the "new model Everton" and mixed this club up for a decade as gratitude became the shield behind which the Moyes/Kenwright partnership got rich. NSNO was officially consigned to the dustbin under them two

I think Moyes undoubtedly did a great job for Everton. He gets a hard rap for his time at United, many more decorated coaches have been there since and suffered a similar fate (and he had it hardest as he was the immediate successor to Ferguson which was always going to be a poison chalice). He actually had a marginally higher win ratio than Van Gaal who was given longer and had made more additions to the squad.

Real Sociedad was taking over a team in trouble but he probably thought he needed to away and rebuild his reputation. The next two manager got sacked after similar runs of form that saw Moyes lose his job.

Sunderland again taking over a team in trouble more trouble than he must have realised when he took the job. They had flirted with relegation for the previous two seasons, sacked their next two maanagers in short order and were relegated to League One the season after being relegated from the Premiership (so Moyes had essentially had a team in the Prem who couldn't even survive in the Championship - minus a few players).

West Ham - I didn't think he did too bad a job getting them out of the relegation zone. However his win % was significantly lower than Pellegrini's, his effect was driven more by scratching out more draws and fewer losses.

This is the last chance fro Moyes to repair his reputation as a good/great manager which is arguably where his status was when he departed Everton.

I am glad we have a manager in Ancelloti who doesn't have to prove his pedigree, it is already fully established. It is also a massive 'up yours' to the pundits who thought we should know our place and appoint Moyes.

I always think the death spiral under Walter just needed a change, any change, and Moyes back to basics ticket was the basic formula of most managers in such situations and it worked. It has to be said 7th in his first full season was effectively completed with Walter's players so they couldn't have been that dire plus the inheritance of the crown jewels that was Rooney who's sale eventually rescued us financially.

Trouble is the rescue package became the "new model Everton" and mixed this club up for a decade as gratitude became the shield behind which the Moyes/Kenwright partnership got rich. NSNO was officially consigned to the dustbin under them two
I think it was more off the field than on where we were in trouble, to be fair. To his credit he kept his head down and did what the board needed him to do. He also generated a terrific amount in revenue through training up players and selling them on at big profits

Status
Not open for further replies.