Players we really should’ve kept hold of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel Eto'o.

I actually cannot believe that we had Eto'o in the first place. I can't believe that when he and Distin fell out with Martinez, the club made the mistake of backing Martinez and dumping Distin and Eto'o.

We replaced Distin with Alcaraz (vomit), and got our comeuppance in Kiev.
We replaced Eto'o with Niasse (cries, vomits, lies down in the vomit to cry more), even though we knew the clock was ticking on Lukaku.

I would start present day Eto'o as the CF in our next game over anyone currently in the squad bar Richarlison.

We had Eto'o.... we let him go for buttons, and spent over £40m on Niasse and Tosun.

+1 for Manny Fernandes

Apart from the usual suspects (Ball, Hutchinson, Beardsley, Kanchelskis) I'm going to add Madar. I know it's going to be a minority opinion, but I thought he looked like a decent player at a time when they were thin on the ground for us. He scored 6 in 15 or something like that and I thought he would lead the line well once he settled in.

I know nothing though - I thought Stefan Rehn was going to run the Premier League from the centre circle of Goodison. Then he arrived!

Samuel Eto'o.

I actually cannot believe that we had Eto'o in the first place. I can't believe that when he and Distin fell out with Martinez, the club made the mistake of backing Martinez and dumping Distin and Eto'o.

We replaced Eto'o with Niasse (cries, vomits, lies down in the vomit to cry more), even though we knew the clock was ticking on Lukaku.

I would start present day Eto'o as the CF in our next game over anyone currently in the squad bar Richarlison.

We had Eto'o.... we let him go for buttons, and spent over £40m on Niasse and Tosun.

+1 for Manny Fernandes

We had Lukaku for 2 whole seasons after that season mate, and Eto’obwas finished anyway. A few moments of class granted but he was finished.

Samuel Eto'o.

+1 for Manny Fernandes
Eto’o wasn’t great for us - had lost his pace and struggled.

Manny Fernandes
James Vaughan
Marou Fellaini
Mattero Ferrari
Ferrari and Vaughn sadly were walking sick notes. Fernandes preferred the sunnier climes of Valencia and did an about face on signing, Fellaini saw United as his way to medals and put in a transfer request...it's alleged.Players we really should have kept can only really related to times long gone.Now if the player decides,he goes.

Joe Royle, already mentioned by a few, on the manager's side. The circumstances of his departure sounded really trivial - like an argument with Johnson that got out of hand and led to an outcome that neither men wanted. Precipitated a tragic time in our history as we could have been relegated that season under Watson let alone the season after where we climbed up out of our own grave on the last game of the season.

The club was on the skids then tbh with or without Joe but he would have held things together a lot better.

Apart from the usual suspects (Ball, Hutchinson, Beardsley, Kanchelskis) I'm going to add Madar. I know it's going to be a minority opinion, but I thought he looked like a decent player at a time when they were thin on the ground for us. He scored 6 in 15 or something like that and I thought he would lead the line well once he settled in.

I know nothing though - I thought Stefan Rehn was going to run the Premier League from the centre circle of Goodison. Then he arrived!

Madar allegedly had a falling out with Walter Smith.

He was a Kendall signing and when Smith came in he wasn't too enamored with his laid back approach to training. Allegedly (again..) Smith banned mobile phones from training and told players they were not allowed to smoke, Madar said something like "no, no silly man" and just walked away from him and he was binned off the next week.

Shame like, he was a talented player. Thought he linked up really well with Ferguson too even though Ferguson didn't like him.

We were not ready for a player like Madar at that point in time. of course some people couldn't wait to turn on him because of his (admittedly) shocking hair.

There's the obvious ones like Stones, Lukaku but I'd offer Fellaini. We really missed his kind of presence in midfield.

He did well for us in fairness. He gets his game time at utd which kind of annoys utd fans but they would also agree he prob performs better than their other midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.