Players that never fulfilled their potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember seeing John Paul Kissock in a reserve game against Reading and he was head and shoulders above everyone, looked the real deal. A certain Victor Anichebe looked woeful.

Other than that probably Vaughan and maybe Gosling. Never thought Rodwell was much cop myself.

Which players did you watch when they were younger and have high hopes for, only for them to not hit the heights you expected.

I remember thinking Danny Cadamarteri was gonna be amazing, same with Michael Branch as well, but alas it didn't happen.

I also saw Bolasie a few years back in a little documentary where football focus followed him, talked well and looked a really exciting prospect, could have been our very own African Messi but instead he's fallen well short and we got hit hard with his transfer fee.
Jack Rodwell. He had everything except his body never stood up to the highest level.

Tony Grant
Michael Branch
John Lundstram
JP Kissock
Billy Kenny
Danny Cadamateri
Jack Rodwell

Edit- @Eggs who is the striker who looked the part in the Dallas Cup a few seasons ago and went on loan to Southport and got released. You said you weren't convinced and picked out Benni ( both counts true ) whilst I and others thought we had a bit of a decent striker on our hands which didn't happen

Was delial Brewster. Cant even get a game for Chesterfield now

Bit unfair on Balasie he had a serious injury who knows if he will ever be the same after that. Possible it's partly that

Jeffers for me

Here is my first XI of players of the eponymous ilk.

4-4-2

Steve Simonsen

Brian Borrows, Billy Wright, Mark Higgins, Michael Ball

Gerald Delufeu, Billy Kenny jnr., Ross Barkley, Joe McBride

Francis Jeffers, Danny Cadamateri

On the bench: Stowell, Vaughan, Gosling, Branch, Garbutt, Marshall, Paul Lodge

Status
Not open for further replies.