Players that never fulfilled their potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle

Player Valuation: £90m
Which players did you watch when they were younger and have high hopes for, only for them to not hit the heights you expected.

I remember thinking Danny Cadamarteri was gonna be amazing, same with Michael Branch as well, but alas it didn't happen.

I also saw Bolasie a few years back in a little documentary where football focus followed him, talked well and looked a really exciting prospect, could have been our very own African Messi but instead he's fallen well short and we got hit hard with his transfer fee.

Jimmy Vaughan, he had the lot, even spaghetti legs tho sadly.
Jack Rodwell
Ross Barkley

I remember the excitement when Vaughan scored against Palace, thought he'd be brilliant, then suffered injuries. I think he then came back in a game against Bolton and then got battered again after charging about like a loon.

I still keep an eye out for him now and wish him well.

Tony Grant
Michael Branch
John Lundstram
JP Kissock
Billy Kenny
Danny Cadamateri
Jack Rodwell

Edit- @Eggs who is the striker who looked the part in the Dallas Cup a few seasons ago and went on loan to Southport and got released. You said you weren't convinced and picked out Benni ( both counts true ) whilst I and others thought we had a bit of a decent striker on our hands which didn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.