Players coming to us at end of their careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read Ashley Young article before and how much he's enjoying playing for the club, crowd.

Some of my favourite players have come to us at the end their careers. Didn't stay that long but great while they were here.

Richard Gough - one of the best centre backs I've ever seen play for us. Classy and hard as nails.

Peter Beardsley - an absolute magician of a player.

Nigel Martyn - just a great, reliable keeper, would've been England number 1 if it wasn't for Seamen.

Just a few of that spring to mind.

I know we've had some duds too!
3 of my favourites although not sure Beardsley qualifies. Played some of his best stuff after leaving Everton for the barcodes

Distan was 32 when we signed him and was an excellent servant

He drives me mad with the rubbish he spouts on the radio but Kev Campbell kept us up that one season and scored away at the RS.

Pretty sure he joined us into the end of his career and proved me wrong with his goals.

was going to say andrei kanchelski but he played 8 more years after us i thought he just retired

I only knew he went to Rangers because he did that thing where he stood on the ball but after that he went to some proper nonsense teams. so essentially he retired.

I read Ashley Young article before and how much he's enjoying playing for the club, crowd.

Some of my favourite players have come to us at the end their careers. Didn't stay that long but great while they were here.

Richard Gough - one of the best centre backs I've ever seen play for us. Classy and hard as nails.

Peter Beardsley - an absolute magician of a player.

Nigel Martyn - just a great, reliable keeper, would've been England number 1 if it wasn't for Seamen.

Just a few of that spring to mind.

I know we've had some duds too!
Was speaking with Peter Beardsley recently. Fabulous bloke with huge humility. To my surprise he said his time at Everton was his favourite. The only time he was ever able to express himself and play freely without pressure. Absolutely loves Evertonians.

Status
Not open for further replies.