Players coming to us at end of their careers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read Ashley Young article before and how much he's enjoying playing for the club, crowd.

Some of my favourite players have come to us at the end their careers. Didn't stay that long but great while they were here.

Richard Gough - one of the best centre backs I've ever seen play for us. Classy and hard as nails.

Peter Beardsley - an absolute magician of a player.

Nigel Martyn - just a great, reliable keeper, would've been England number 1 if it wasn't for Seamen.

Just a few of that spring to mind.

I know we've had some duds too!
Sadly I don’t think you can put Ashley Young in the same bracket as those you’ve mentioned. I’d also add Gareth Barry to that list. The consummate professional.

I read that United felt he’d peaked by 21 and wanted rid for years before he came to Everton as he was a big part of the Bryan Robson / Paul McGrath drinking club that Alex Ferguson wanted rid of.
He also had appalling luck with injuries, for this reason alone I’m surprised we signed him.

….Kenny Sansom, never achieved the heights for us that Paul Power did when it comes to LBs.
Kenny Sansom at Palace
A0169638-DCDC-487E-B582-7800625C0645.jpeg

Kenny Sansom signs for Everton;

8BA98503-7A59-40DB-AB2E-7B4979A49DC8.jpeg

Ian Wilson.

Gutted when we sold Beardsley. You could see, especially if you were at the match, he was levels above the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.