2017/18 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant have him starting another season FFS.

If ever there was a sign that this club hasn't moved forward one inch over the last few seasons it's clowns like him and Baines starting games for us. If one or both of them are here next season starting games this club is in decline.
In terms of a squad, I think it's sensible to have Baines and P Jags within in. Shift the carthorse that is Williams first.

But we need to sign both a CB and a LB to become our base for the future.

He played well today. But lets face it, he shouldnt be anything more than a backup in case of injury, there are multitudes of players available for next season who at worst can play okay, and at best can be miles better. No discredit to his performance today, but lets not pretend that means something

In terms of a squad, I think it's sensible to have Baines and P Jags within in. Shift the carthorse that is Williams first.

But we need to sign both a CB and a LB to become our base for the future.
Baines off the bench is about the only thing acceptable. Jagielka should have gone last January.

I despair when I see players like this still commanding starting places. We really are a football club going nowhere fast if this is allowed to continue beyond this season.

Looks in a lot better shape than I’ve seen him today! Lean.

We cant have him starting another season FFS.

If ever there was a sign that this club hasn't moved forward one inch over the last few seasons it's clowns like him and Baines starting games for us. If one or both of them are here next season starting games this club is in decline.

..I think it’s simply wrong to call them clowns. The fact is that they continue to get selected is because the club have failed to bring in better. We have numerous CBs, including young English and Argentinian internationals, a Welsh team captain. The fact Jagielka is getting a game suggests he’s no clown and Baines has added quality to the team.

I’m all in favour of bring in better quality but I wouldn’t demeanour Jagielka or Baines.

Baines off the bench is about the only thing acceptable. Jagielka should have gone last January.

I despair when I see players like this still commanding starting places. We really are a football club going nowhere fast if this is allowed to continue beyond this season.

Both should've been replaced/eased out two seasons ago.

..I think it’s simply wrong to call them clowns. The fact is that they continue to get selected is because the club have failed to bring in better. We have numerous CBs, including young English and Argentinian internationals, a Welsh team captain. The fact Jagielka is getting a game suggests he’s no clown and Baines has added quality to the team.

I’m all in favour of bring in better quality but I wouldn’t demeanour Jagielka or Baines.
They're clownish in the sense they're senior players who have been at the heart of umpteen no-shows in major games and fail to show any leadership - and now to compound it all they have a series of hopeless performances peppered with one or two good games and that's supposed to make them acceptable still and looking at having a future here. Those two are a long long way from being acceptable anymore for a club looking to achieve something. But no doubt they'll be here next season and the season after. *clap clap clap*

Sick of players like this being viewed as acceptable. They simply are not...unless we want to remain hopelessly adrift of the PL pace for the next few seasons. Any ambitious club punts those two chokers in a heartbeat.

Both should've been replaced/eased out two seasons ago.
Annoying pair of bottlers. Typical of the Moyes era player. Plodders and flat track bullies who go missing in a big game with something riding on it.

Watch them when we play Liverpool soon: hiding away and/or getting left for dead.

Thought he was brilliant today and I want him in there until the end of the season obviously, but we have to be looking beyond him now. However, that means we've got to find someone else to try and form a partnership with Keane so potentially that adds another bit of disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.