Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will laugh, but I think the most assured performances I've seen by two Everton CBs working together was for a few games in Martinez's frst season when Alacarez was paired with Stones. They looked like Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore for a couple of games!

The fact that it crashed and burned shoudn't stop us trying to find class CBs who can also defend. No need to go back to Short and Tiller, that's for sure!

Stones was class, his performance in the Jagielka Anfield Derby was brilliant, kept us in the game by himself. No way that Williams is an upgrade. I thought he might bring leadership to that back line but he hasn't. That vocal leader putting his body on the line for Wales has become yet another choirboy at Everton.

we used to have a ginger one, now he had some go about him, though tbh, he wasn't the best capt.
The last ginger captain I can remember who wouldn't lay down at mordor or anywhere else was Richard Gough. We need 11 of him.

Stones was class, his performance in the Jagielka Anfield Derby was brilliant, kept us in the game by himself. No way that Williams is an upgrade. I thought he might bring leadership to that back line but he hasn't. That vocal leader putting his body on the line for Wales has become yet another choirboy at Everton.

Absolutely mate. He was a stop-gap for hopefully this transfer window coming. Bang average and no worse than Jagielka yesterday, and as for him...

We need an entire back 4, a goalkeeper, a number 10, back up for Rom if he stays, 2 new centre forwards if he leaves and wingers too.

Williams is a massive let down. I can only hope that we'll see some improvement next season but the feller is cracking on a bit and I fear he'll be even less effective as we go on.

We need all the defence including the GK either punted or demoted to the bench next season - Coleman excepted.

Absolutely mate. He was a stop-gap for hopefully this transfer window coming. Bang average and no worse than Jagielka yesterday, and as for him...

We need an entire back 4, a goalkeeper, a number 10, back up for Rom if he stays, 2 new centre forwards if he leaves and wingers too.

We don't need too much then...

Time for a new captain now and focus on next season.

I expect jags to be given at most a minimal role at the club, never captain material for me and another after the derby wooing at the Liverpool teams performance he should be embarrassed

Leave Jags alone you utter monsters, you cry when players like Lukaku wants away, but think nothing about abusing somebody thats given us 10 long years of loyalty and superb service.

Spot on, but It's time for either pastures new or a coaching roll at the club though.

Sorry to say it, but that's the truth x

Spot on, but It's time for either pastures new or a coaching roll at the club though.

Sorry to say it, but that's the truth x

Yeah no problem with that, his time is coming to an end, if Mori wasnt such an utter donkey he wouldnt have played for us again this season, prior to of course Moris recent injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.