Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two decades later yet we still have to put up with this garbage.

Capture.PNG

Was a solid player in his day. But thats was 2 seasons ago. Now he is past it. Not near good enough. And as a captain? Dont make me laugh. He had captained a team under martinez that collapsed time and time again. We need leaders. Half time yesterday he walked off head down across the pitch. Why he retained captain this year is beyond me with coleman in the team. Sell.

Two decades later yet we still have to put up with this garbage.

View attachment 35855
People will laugh, but I think the most assured performances I've seen by two Everton CBs working together was for a few games in Martinez's frst season when Alacarez was paired with Stones. They looked like Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore for a couple of games!

The fact that it crashed and burned shoudn't stop us trying to find class CBs who can also defend. No need to go back to Short and Tiller, that's for sure!

People will laugh, but I think the most assured performances I've seen by two Everton CBs working together was for a few games in Martinez's frst season when Alacarez was paired with Stones. They looked like Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore for a couple of games!

The fact that it crashed and burned shoudn't stop us trying to find class CBs who can also defend. No need to go back to Short and Tiller, that's for sure!
you are incorrigible, fella!

You're right, people will laugh

You're a right one, you.

that Jagielka Lescott pairing was as good as anything the league has seen for a while.

I remember the Anfield cup tie, Castillo played and we got battered but Lescott and Jagielka were amazing and we took them back to Goodison and beat them. Was good playing them three times in close proximity as by the third game the rabbits in headlight effect had finally worn off and we outplayed a very good Liverpool team. The difference then was we had players in their prime Cahill Arteta Pienaar Jags Lescott Baines. How many players starting yesterday were in their prime? Maybe only Gueye, all the rest were kids or old men. Schneiderlin Coleman may have helped but in general the profile of the squad is wrong. We have to keep hold of some of these players so that in 2 or 3 seasons we have a group of 8 or 9 25-28 year olds all at their peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.