2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Gibson to slot in as that LB/CB option. Keep Robinson as well if you a want a more attacking backup for Digne. Holgate can be the backup at CB/RB. Send Kenny out on loan for a year to gain 1st team experience. Then you only need to add one 1st team CB to go with Keane and Mina. I’d be open to that being Zouma if the price us right.

No need to spend money on Baines or Jags. They’ve had great careers here but it’s time to move on. The last thing we need is more dead wood on the books.

....but the squad is already too big, we can’t continually keep players who will not be used. In my opinion, players around the 1st team were sent on loan because the Manager thought he had better here (Holgate, Pennington, Dowell, Vlasic, Connolly, Robinson etc). He didn’t plan to use them.

My logic says Silva prefers Kenny to Holgate because you want to keep your better player in case you need him. Sending Kenny on loan and bringing Holgate back sounds like a daft strategy. We need to shift players, we need to get rid of the ones who are not in the Managers plans.

Use them or sell them, the decision has to be made.

Low calibre of the feller, he has been a loyal servant to the club. OK he's time may be up now due to old age, but there was a time he was bloody great for us and that should be remembered.
I remember. Now I want him gonbe.

The 2019 Everton aren't a Noughties tribute act to hand Baines and Jagielka a few million more for their old age.

The 2019 Everton aren't a Noughties tribute act to hand Baines and Jagielka a few million more for their old age.

what would you do about a back up left back? youth or buy a player..difficult seeing as i don think we will have much cash for that kind of transfer..baines could be the cheap option..jags should deffo go tho

what would you do about a back up left back? youth or buy a player..difficult seeing as i don think we will have much cash for that kind of transfer..baines could be the cheap option..jags should deffo go tho

Buy one. Digne + new signing + Kenny can play there in an emergency.

The strategy from on high regarding the playing squad shouldn't be affected by a player scoring a tap in and having a decent game.

I'd like to think that the decision on if he's released or if he's retained will already have been made and that last weekend didn't change anything.

Jesus wept, you are like a really tedious and bitter, boring old broken record.

Form some sort of life outside of this pathetic constant obsessive whinging about Jagielka and Baines for the good of your addled mess of a brain.

Form some sort of life outside of this pathetic constant obsessive whinging about Jagielka and Baines for the good of your addled mess of a brain.
Thanks for the advice.

Leaving aside the obvious dislike that an individual might have agianst these players, it would be a mistake to keep Baines and Jagielka. Both are probably on pretty high wages, and to extend their contracts when they have both played only a minor part in this season is something we can't afford. Apparently Brands wants to target players aged 25 and under; this would not be helped by keeping a 37 year old centre back in the squad. Remember Martinez's apparent amazement that Distin was fading at the age of 38 or whatever he was; we don't want to replicate that.

Love Jags & Baines, good players, smashing fellas. However I don't think "could still do a job for us" should be the criteria we use to fill our squad.

Leaving aside the obvious dislike that an individual might have agianst these players, it would be a mistake to keep Baines and Jagielka. Both are probably on pretty high wages, and to extend their contracts when they have both played only a minor part in this season is something we can't afford. Apparently Brands wants to target players aged 25 and under; this would not be helped by keeping a 37 year old centre back in the squad. Remember Martinez's apparent amazement that Distin was fading at the age of 38 or whatever he was; we don't want to replicate that.

Yes I think most of us are agreed on that, as pointed out by most posters yesterday and today, including myself.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.