2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him a bit of credit mate, we wouldn’t have won if he’d not scored. He scored a decent goal, simple as.

Less of the insults.
I was glad he did. But his using a tap in like that to place public pressure on the manager and DoF to hand him a contract extension was outrageous. Just underlines the low calibre of the feller.

Nice story about Jags this weekend.

Nice story about Jags this weekend.

He should get a new contract because of that.

@davek

I was glad he did. But his using a tap in like that to place public pressure on the manager and DoF to hand him a contract extension was outrageous. Just underlines the low calibre of the feller.

Low calibre of the feller, he has been a loyal servant to the club. OK he's time may be up now due to old age, but there was a time he was bloody great for us and that should be remembered.

....let’s not forget Pennington is a young CB with plenty left on his contract. He’s recently picked up a serious injury, so it’s unlikely he’ll move on a permanent deal in the summer (I don’t consider Holgate as a CB). If Pennington doesn’t go in the summer, it would be folly to have Pennington and Jagielka on the books next season.

If there is one to watch from the youngsters, I will mention Lewis Gibson. He’s a CB who can play LB. We paid decent money for him and he’s been a regular at U23s for a few seasons despite his age. He’s recently been nominated for an an U23 league award. It’s a massive step up, but Gibson could provide cover for Jagielka and Baines.

Would love Gibson to slot in as that LB/CB option. Keep Robinson as well if you a want a more attacking backup for Digne. Holgate can be the backup at CB/RB. Send Kenny out on loan for a year to gain 1st team experience. Then you only need to add one 1st team CB to go with Keane and Mina. I’d be open to that being Zouma if the price us right.

No need to spend money on Baines or Jags. They’ve had great careers here but it’s time to move on. The last thing we need is more dead wood on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.