Perspective, Escape Velocity and International Breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
How sh*t was that?

Reality may have hit us in the face here somewhat, and any hopes of being in a good mood this weekend have flown away at escape velocity. Don’t get me wrong, I can live with an Everton loss, but a poor Everton display can really put me in a foul mood.

But back to that reality thing, it might seem a touch ‘knee-jerk’, but for me yesterday was evidence that there will be some bumps along the road this season. It’s not all doom and gloom though, it’s been a decent 11 games. Too many draws mind, which harkens right back to last season. Perspective chaps; it’s going fairly well.

I suppose what was really annoying about the trip to Palace was not only were we terrible, but Palace missed some absolute sitters. Typically, the opposition scoring has helped us to get our act together in recent times. But we can consider ourselves lucky (in the worst possible way) that we didn't concede. Judging from those uninspired 90 minutes, there would have been no way back into the game for us.

Oh, and that Distin business… at least he cares.

Alas, international breaks in all their mighty inconvenience seem to curse Everton this season. Scoreless draw with Cardiff, defeat at Man City and now a scoreless draw at Crystal ‘7 straight defeats’ Palace. It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, and your average Evertonian in a state of almost crippling anxiety knowing our next game is Liverpool who go into the derby on the back of a 4-0 win.

Quite frankly, I see the derby as the perfect game to bounce back. For the most part Martinez has been great, so hopefully we can get back on track as well as sticking it to those belle’s over the park. Or maybe we’ll lose and the meltdown will truly begin. Either way it’s Everton, and we’ll all be watching.

Allez Allez Allez Oh!

We have put a few poor moments in. Played well at times yet played poor at some too, I'm not saying games, I'm saying moments. If you get what I mean.

Man City outclassed us and so did Spurs for the first 60. We have a lot of work to do.

Last few games we seem to be playing for the 0-0 until the final 30 minutes then going into attack mode. Is this a new tactic? Keep Barkley and Deulofeu on the bench and then bring them in for the attacking phase?

We are doing well this year. Need another cm and cf after the two injuries so we are going to appear predictable at times whilst we await Deulofeu and Barkley to fully adjust to the premier league.

We are fifth, so I don't really know what we can complain about tbh. We were never going to win every game, and teams like crystal palace were never going to lose every game. A point is acceptable, plus it keeps our unbeaten form going.

Think perspective is important.

We were crap yesterday. Lucky not to lose.

But we need to remember this was bound to happen a few times with the new gaffer.

Think perspective is important.

We were crap yesterday. Lucky not to lose.

But we need to remember this was bound to happen a few times with the new gaffer.

What?

Its bound to happen regardless of who's in charge Ijjy

We are not Madrid/Munich/Barca who turn teams over for fun, We are a top 8 side who will get beat by sides below us

Why people think a new manger with basically the same side as last season would have such a dramatic change in style/results in 6 months baffles me

What?

Its bound to happen regardless of who's in charge Ijjy

We are not Madrid/Munich/Barca who turn teams over for fun, We are a top 8 side who will get beat by sides below us

Why people think a new manger with basically the same side as last season would have such a dramatic change in style/results in 6 months baffles me

Simply because we are playing differently. We are never going to win every game are we?

No matter who is in charge.

We've done brilliantly considering the transition in playing style, players and staff. A few worrying moments but we've done well to be 5th after 11 games.

It all hinges on January for me. We should theoretically be more the finished article then but I'll be worried if Bobby isn't allowed to add to the squad. We're a Lukaku-sized injury away from being a mediocre team.

Anyway, make some decent additions and we'll be right up there. COYB.

Roberto gets to spend the next 10 days with a fair amount of the squad--- considering our poor performance and the rshyte's v good recent form i don't think the int break is timed too badly for us--- let the players refocus and get back into it

Roberto gets to spend the next 10 days with a fair amount of the squad--- considering our poor performance and the rshyte's v good recent form i don't think the int break is timed too badly for us--- let the players refocus and get back into it

Belgians, Irish and English gone. That's a fair chunk of our first team you'd expect to start against Liverpool. And no doubt the Yanks will call on Howard seeing as they play Scotland up there.

Belgians, Irish and English gone. That's a fair chunk of our first team you'd expect to start against Liverpool. And no doubt the Yanks will call on Howard seeing as they play Scotland up there.

Ya but Pienaar, Distin and Osman are currently working on Secret-Soccer-Strategy-6 with Roberto. We're safe guys don't even worry.

Well maybe with a bit of luck some of theirs will be grocked during the break. Doubt it, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.