Per Ardua ad Astra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh should be finding cheap gems and he's not as of yet

sandro-malaga-sevilla-la-liga_sym0yrsydq7m1a8sbvu6lzfm7.jpg

???

...Steve Walsh has done brilliantly bringing players in but he will know that the realisation of his efforts this window will only truly be measured by improvement next season. The signs are good but only time will tell.
I agree, that is why existing Premiership players come at a premium, especially English talent that we have bought. Buying any player from the continent is a risk, veron and di Maria only recently. World class players who couldn't adapt to the premier league. Klassen and Sandro are both admired for their workrate (something veron and di Maria lacked) and talent.
Ferguson arguably the greatest manager in the history of the game made some appalling signings. Too many too mention. However he got more signings right than he got wrong and that's how you improve the team. Henry and Sandro if not success' here, due to their age we still make a profit on. Klassen less so. But you'd hope how rigorous Walsh is in identifying players with the right character to play for Everton, (his main consideration in buying players) that our latest intake has the potential to settle in and perform well.

Steve Walsh? We've signed players everyone knew about

Walsh should be finding cheap gems and he's not as of yet
Never happy you lad. Walsh's remit isn't to just find undiscovered talent. It's also to get us the players the gaffer wants and to get us the payers that they agree will fit into our system. He's been doing just fine.

Why is Steve Walsh job to find hidden gems ? Pretty sure that is not the role of a DoF

That is Walsh's role

Amongst other things.

He will have a say on youth recruitment, scouting staff, and he will also be given specific positions Koeman would like, such as a right footed left winger for example. Koeman will tell him what age range, price range, height, speed, etc etc what sort of player he wants, and it's then upto Walsh to find a list of targets. Koeman will get the final say on any transfer. Walsh I imagine also plays a part in negotiating the deal

Never happy you lad. Walsh's remit isn't to just find undiscovered talent. It's also to get us the players the gaffer wants and to get us the payers that they agree will fit into our system. He's been doing just fine.

I just think Walsh is being given unjust credit over Koeman. I also think your jumping the gun. These players haven't even stepped on the pitch yet we don't know if or when they will deliver.

I just think Walsh is being given unjust credit over Koeman. I also think your jumping the gun. These players haven't even stepped on the pitch yet we don't know if or when they will deliver.
Does anyone? We'd never make a signing if we dithered worrying about whether they'll work out or not. The experts think they know what they've got and that's good enough for me. As for Walsh, look at the pic of Michael Keane shaking his hand in his thread and the look of respect on his face. Walsh clearly played a huge part in that deal and others. He's been mentioned by some of the players we've signed as being a very useful part of the process. (No links or owt, check twitter and other such nonsense).

Status
Not open for further replies.