Per Ardua ad Astra

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
Or in other words, from adversity to the stars. I think this is particularly true for our Director of Football Steve Walsh this week. Quickly written off by a few and questioned as to what he actually brought to the party. Whatever his level of involvement is in our transfers, and I feel it is considerable, things have certainly improved on previous transfer windows. Other Evertonians spring to mind when it comes to being pilloried before actually coming good. Howard Kendall, Nicky Barmby (then he ruined it for himself), Neville Southall and latterly Gueye are just a few that were written off before they could show us how effective they were. Which wrongly labelled scapegoats spring to mind for you??

Paul Power. Cast you mind back. We'd just been pipped to the double by the RS already had van de Hawe and pointin (admittedly very poor) at left back. Sheedy and Richardson left side and then find out we'd signed 33 year old Paul power. I honestly thought what has Kendall done. Well he proved me and thousands of other evertonians wrong with his displays that season. He covered both positions on the left side with distinction and even moved centrally a couple of times.

Paul Power. Cast you mind back. We'd just been pipped to the double by the RS already had van de Hawe and pointin (admittedly very poor) at left back. Sheedy and Richardson left side and then find out we'd signed 33 year old Paul power. I honestly thought what has Kendall done. Well he proved me and thousands of other evertonians wrong with his displays that season. He covered both positions on the left side with distinction and even moved centrally a couple of times.

Paul Power was an outstanding signing and rightly was Player of the Season if I recall correctly.

...Steve Walsh has done brilliantly bringing players in but he will know that the realisation of his efforts this window will only truly be measured by improvement next season. The signs are good but only time will tell.

WE havent really bought anyone like that yet! martina would be one but not sure whats going on there...

The title of this thread looks like a player Martinez would have signed from South America. Off topic sorry.

Paul Power was an outstanding signing and rightly was Player of the Season if I recall correctly.
I agree, he was outstanding and if memory serves me right did win player of the season. But I was so underwhelmed when we signed him. What a signing he turned out to be. Masterstroke by Kendall.

...Steve Walsh has done brilliantly bringing players in but he will know that the realisation of his efforts this window will only truly be measured by improvement next season. The signs are good but only time will tell.

C'mon eggs, you can't post that kind of common sense here. It's July.

It's a binary structure in July:

0 - It's just the Lukaku money
1 - we're gonna win the league

Thought it was quite instructive that both the two new signing yesterday mentioned Koeman as being the main reason why they came but also were "glowing" in their praise for both Blue Bill & Steve Walsh.

Heck, we seem to be moving upwards. Not sure if I can take it Captain

Or in other words, from adversity to the stars. I think this is particularly true for our Director of Football Steve Walsh this week. Quickly written off by a few and questioned as to what he actually brought to the party. Whatever his level of involvement is in our transfers, and I feel it is considerable, things have certainly improved on previous transfer windows. Other Evertonians spring to mind when it comes to being pilloried before actually coming good. Howard Kendall, Nicky Barmby (then he ruined it for himself), Neville Southall and latterly Gueye are just a few that were written off before they could show us how effective they were. Which wrongly labelled scapegoats spring to mind for you??

Steve Walsh? We've signed players everyone knew about

Walsh should be finding cheap gems and he's not as of yet

Thought it was quite instructive that both the two new signing yesterday mentioned Koeman as being the main reason why they came but also were "glowing" in their praise for both Blue Bill & Steve Walsh.

Heck, we seem to be moving upwards. Not sure if I can take it Captain

...totally agree, the hierarchy have certainly done the business bringing the targets in. Whilst that's brilliant, it's how the team performs that will be the true measure. It'll be very interesting because it will truly be a RK squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.