Paulo Fonseca

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is someone I advocated us approaching before he was linked, weirdly I watch a lot of Shakhtar Donetsk and they always play brilliant football.

Yes, you can argue that there are teams around the world doing this in sub standard leagues, the Ukraine Premier League is certainly one of those leagues being dominated by the miners and Dynamo Kiev, but the difference with this Shakhtar is that they have been able to compete at a higher level, namely the Champions league.

I can see many an Evertonian tune in next Wed to their CL game against Roma and I fully expect them to do well and even progress.

I've been googling them so much my phone now shows me live Shaktar updates.

They won 5-0 yesterday.

Agree that the main issue is he is unproven in a top 5 league, but as you say his European record is good.

However the way I look at it is that Shaktar would beat us quite easily if they played us. And he has improved that team significantly over his time there. As far as I can tell the fans really rate him.

Go on to GOT, sees Paulo Fonseca thread at the top, wonders if something new has happened, gets a bit excited for some good news ends with an image of @Bungle getting bummed by Fonseca only for him to rip off his zorro mask and it's fat sam all along thanks to @mahermi1

Haha, sorry about that, but then you can just imagine Sam saying to Bungle " I just knew you'd warm to me in the end Bungle, are they your teeth in the pillow ? "

Leaves a little bit more excited

I've been googling them so much my phone now shows me live Shaktar updates.

They won 5-0 yesterday.

Agree that the main issue is he is unproven in a top 5 league, but as you say his European record is good.

However the way I look at it is that Shaktar would beat us quite easily if they played us. And he has improved that team significantly over his time there. As far as I can tell the fans really rate him.

They certainly did, was a decent game too but,a,struggle to watch when there is no atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.