Osman
Joel
Baines

Overrated

McCarthy
Mirallas
Oviedo
Deulofeu

Broadly agree but i'd still rather have Mirallas than Lennon etc.

Think Baines is a little overrated if I'm honest.

Underrated - Gareth Barry

Massively overrated - Darron Gibson

While i agree on Gibson - he has talent but obviously he body is made of glass because he obviously pickled it nightly on a barrell of whiskey, I dont think Barry is underrated.

I think everyone knows the job he does, and does well for us - the problem with Barry is age is catching with him.

Based on performances this season, i'd have to say McCarthy is overrated. Can't believe i'm saying that, but we all know what we, as Evertonians, are like when a player plays well, we just cloud it over, and never see any bad in them, but McCarthy has stunk the place out this season, a high work rate, doesn't make you a good footballer, just ask Naismith, he's a very solid player, but to class him as anything other in his current form etc, is just not okay, especially when Barry, who everyone loves to hate, has been playing far better this season.

As for Oviedo, he's got the Joel syndrome, one good run, and a goal against United, don't make you a good player for me. I know he has to get match fit but still lacking for me.

Throwing Deulofeu in there, because, yes he's actually brilliant at times, but i think a lot of fans see him as brilliant and consistent all the time, same as Mirallas. I think he'll be crucial for us in the long run, but doesn't mean i don't think he's overrated

So Overrated.
McCarthy
Besic
Oviedo
Mirallas (too hit and miss)
Deulofeu

Underrated
Jagielka
Coleman
Lennon

Played incorrectly
Lukaku

Overrated - Jagielka - In no way shape or form is he a captain.

Underrated - Osman - Gets far to much stick because he's a local lad, technically very good.

Barkley (in particular) and Del are overrated - people seem to rate them on what they might do rather than what they actually do.

From our own fans;

Overated: (Hard to put too many is as we are a critical lot)

Galloway
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Besic
Baines
Coleman

Underated:

Robles
Oviedo
Kone
Naismith
Osman
Barry

More generally:

Overated:
Barkley
Lukaku
Howard

Underated
Stones
Coleman
McCarthy

With pienaar, I was more thinking about the past. I do think people underestimate how important he was to our team a few years ago, but yeah now he is done.
I have always said that Kone is not as bad as he was made out to be by most. He has had a rough time with injuries but as a footballer he is technically good and uses the ball intellegently, which I like. I want trying to make a point on who I thought was underrated/ overrated, I just wanted to see other people's opinions on who they thought were. Sadly, I don't think anyone is getting on board with that.
I agree that Pienaar was underestimated. Even in his 30 minutes of preseason in Singapore, I was really impressed at his hold up and linking skills. Of course Stoke kicked the crap out of him as usual.

images

Overated ; Megan Foxx

Underated - The girl off modern family

Status
Not open for further replies.