Overrated or underrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
...not sure why you think McCarthy is overrated. It's too easy to reflect on recent performances. Also, his role isn't as high profile as a Barkley or Lukaku and much of what he does goes under the radar. I reckon he's highly rated by other Managers and would attract more monies than we paid.

I'm more worried about who replaces Jags and John long term! They will both be gone in 2 years.
One somewhere else and the other near retirement!
So over there and over the hill.

Our future is over-rated.:confused:

If someone has more than abar four decent games on the bounce they become the best in the league at their position and worth a gazillion quid, similarly if they have a few crud games they become the next Neville Heitinger Osman character, there isn't much rationality about it.

Could you explain your reasons for the overrated players mate?
I am in no way saying no they are bad players, I just don't think they are as good as most people say they are. Mirallas i think is the prime example of this. Everyone seems to think he is one of our best players. Bar a couple of good moments he hasn't really performed for a long while now imo.

If someone has more than abar four decent games on the bounce they become the best in the league at their position and worth a gazillion quid, similarly if they have a few crud games they become the next Neville Heitinger Osman character, there isn't much rationality about it.
You think McCarthy had a good season last season?

...not sure why you think McCarthy is overrated. It's too easy to reflect on recent performances. Also, his role isn't as high profile as a Barkley or Lukaku and much of what he does goes under the radar. I reckon he's highly rated by other Managers and would attract more monies than we paid.
I thought he was immense in his first season. Last season and the start of this he has been poor

You think McCarthy had a good season last season?

Personally I don't lar, Barry takes loads of stick whilst he gets away with a lot because he has an 'Engine' and he's like a ' little Jack Russell'. His fanboys are already up in arms because his name has been mentioned after a few quiet games this season. the kid does a job but offers almost nothing going forward. IMO he's easily replaceable and we're about as big a club as he'll ever play at. I'm not getting on his case as he might well improve his overall game but some would try and have you believe he's already a Champions league player, of course they never rated him when he was with Wigan but now he's with us he is.

That's because the early favourite for the job Cleverley is ramming humble pie down everyone's wind pipe and Macca is an irrational panic target.

Don't mind McCarthy tbf. He's not 'all that' though. As @bignev23 says - he's an engine & not much more. Offers very little going forward. His first instinct is to return the ball to who gave to him, and then it's to make an easy square pass, regardless of if there's space for him to carry it forward.

Tbh, the only game I remember where I've seen McCarthy stand out head & shoulders above everybody else was the (jon moss) game at city, the season before last; although he's been one of our better players in plenty of others. He needs more games like that imo. Not games like yesterday's.

Been impressed by Cleverley (up to now) different sort of player, here, than I imagined he'd be. There's others need clearing out before the pair of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.