Overrated or underrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrated - Jagielka - In no way shape or form is he a captain.

Underrated - Osman - Gets far to much stick because he's a local lad, technically very good.

He gets stick becuase he's too slow and too weak. He never relied on pace but he slows the game down more when he's on. Don't get me wrong, off the bench for the last 20 to control the game he is useful, but it's nothing to do with him being 'local', ie from Wigan.

For me;

Underated - Besic - Think he should be given more time on the pitch, always tries to be positive on the ball.

Overated - McCarthy - Great in defence by all means but some people seem to think he's the total package. He's very average if not worse on the ball. That can be fine when you have someone next to you who plays the passes, but sometimes he needs to step up himself on it.

Overrated - Jagielka - In no way shape or form is he a captain.

Underrated - Osman - Gets far to much stick because he's a local lad, technically very good.

People get this assumation that Jagielka isn't a good captain because he doesn't go on the pitch screaming and shouting and arguing with everyone. His captaincy is more down to leading by example and I'm certain he'll have a big role in the dressing room, he'll be someone the young players can go to.

There's no way he can be overrated as a player either, he's our best defender by a mile although Stones is showing great promise, Jagielka's the best English centre back at the moment.

Definitely agree on Osman, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.