Outs before ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a bid over £10m comes in for Jags I'd let him go.

There I said it.

i'd take that for jags, he's had a very poor season but has given us great service, he should be 3rd choice behind heitinga & distin next season. Not that i'd fancy us playing with duffy 1st choice for a whole season if one of them got injured, hes too young for that. Him or rodwell are the only realistic 1st teamers we should be looking to offload if the price is right IMO

Selling an England CB for £10m. Good lord.

I think it's pretty obvious who will leave this summer, I don't think it will be Baines though, we have no 1st team experience for him, or cover. Which leaves Jags in the spot light if your going to use the Distin argument.

Jagielka, Rodwell, Baines - Out for £40m total (£24m for Baines, £9m for Jags, £7m for Rodwell)

Give £10m to the banks to cancel out the overdraft, spend the rest on players.

Fellaini is a must keep player.

Moyes could probably get 5 good players in for £30m. Won't happen though.

Agreed mate, but 24 mil for baines is outrageous. Yes he's better than Lescott, whom we got around 22 million for, but I don't see him going for more than 15.

A 21 million transfer kitty could still do some damage though.

That last bit about "not wanting to come and watch."

He shouldn't have took the knock when he subbed a forward for a defender when 0-1 down at home then, a lot didn't want to come and watch but have a ticket for the season that's paid for. A point I made vocally and abruptly to Phil Neville against Sheff Utd, with 8 months of the season to 'look forward to.'

It would be good to have good attacking players first to bring on, that you can rely on to also defend - rather than mentalists like Drenthe or lazy bums.

I think it's pretty obvious who will leave this summer, I don't think it will be Baines though, we have no 1st team experience for him, or cover. Which leaves Jags in the spot light if your going to use the Distin argument.

We have sold every other Player of the Season, I see no reason why we wouldnt sell Baines also.

We sold Arteta when we didnt have a replacement in the squad.

Baines is worth big money mate, hes as good as gone.

The whole 'England' thing is rubbish. He'll be 30 by the time next season starts and he's hardly England's number one choice at the back.

If Rodwell was sold to allow us to balance the squad more with Pienaar and another winger/midfielder (of quality, pace and ball keeping) I wouldn't mind that.

Otherwise not too keen.

But the EFC Board should put their hands in their pockets the beauts.

Has Distin signed a contract extension? Wasn't it up this season?

We MUST keep Fellaini and Jelavic.

We should only sell Rodders and Baines for 15 million +. If one has to go Rodwell gets my vote.

I hope we keep Jags and Heits.

If (God forbid) we sold Felli, Baines, Rodwell and Barkley, (In my imaginary FM terms) surely we'd get around £60-70m in transfer fees? If we got £40m of that to spend, I fancy Moyes' chances of bringing in good, if slightly inferior replacements while sorting out other issues e.g. right back, back up striker etc. Then, if we threw £30m at the debt we'd have a more deep, filled out squad, be in a much better financial state, paying less interest and thus, possibly more attractive to buyers/investors.

The problem with that is replacing Fellaini though. He's a one in a million player, for me. If there is any player we need to reject bids for, for under £25m, it's him. He's got pretty much everything and he's young and we should look to build the squad around him.

I'd rather we just sold Rodwell and Jags and possibly Baines if we absolutely have to. Can't see us getting much over £15m for Rodwell and Jags combined, however. Reports like the above will have richer clubs swarming thinking they can bargain buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.