Our worst signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siggurdson and Pickford because they were expensive, and are still currently hurting my eyes playing for the first team

I’m sure iwobi will be on my list too if he continues to be picked and play like yesterday

the others don’t count as they are sold on and I’ve wiped them from my memory with lots of alcohol
Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard, Pickford, Keane, Mina, Kenny no top team would play any of them.

Barrett, Kroldrup, Blomqvist, Nyarko, Niasse, Bilic, Bakayoko, Alexandersson, R Wright, Van der Meyde, Schneiderlin, Rodrigo, Wifeng, Bolasie, Walcott, Sandro, Kone, Alcaraz, Klaassen...
Belfitt, Harper, Wright, Lawson, Bernard(Mick), Pearson, Smallman, Barton , Nulty, Stanley, O Keefe, McDonough

common consensus is all steve walsh signings apart from iwobi
obviously big recency bias but really struggling to think of worse signings than bolasie, walcott, siggy, klassen etc

Bolasie, Iwobi and Klassen pound for pound 3 of the most dreadful signings we ever made.

The Iwobi one annoys me the most though because it was a panic buy 10 mins before the window closed because we missed out on the player we actually wanted. We should have learned from previous mistakes.
Think Bolassie has a genuine injury excuse and looked decent before it.

For a transfer to work, we need the player to have a bit of luck with injuries, especially ones that were not pre-existing.

Sandro, Klaasen and Iwobi have not even that.

I’ve seen us buy some donkeys over the years, David Lawson, Ernie Hunt, Per Koldrup (the centre half who couldn’t head the ball ffs) and many many more, but, Iwobi must be up there with them.

I’ve seen us buy some donkeys over the years, David Lawson, Ernie Hunt, Per Koldrup (the centre half who couldn’t head the ball ffs) and many many more, but, Iwobi must be up there with them.
Absolute wet lettuce for a centre half him, wasn't he?

Ironically he did alright for himself in Italy.

Absolute wet lettuce for a centre half him, wasn't he?

Ironically he did alright for himself in Italy.

He played 1 and a quarter games for us. The one full game he played in (a battering by Villa, on Boxing Day I think?) was in the middle of all and sundry battering us and putting four past us yet he got the blame when the whole team stank the place out.

Yeah he was very successful in Italy. As I said earlier I do not buy this heading thing for a minute.

Oh. And the worst. And i go back to the days of mike milligan per koldrup the lot.
Is our current one. Alex iwobi. He's a fraud. Here for the money and couldnt give a [Poor language removed] if this team is successful. If he gets his way he'll cruise another 4 years here.
At least the likes of mike milligan put his foot in and had a go.
Iwobi is the biggest fraud this club has ever signed in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.