Our worst signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcaraz all day every day and twice on a Sunday

Honourable mention to Theo Walcott, not necessarily for his ability, just for the ‘Everton That’ factor

Yes. Even if we got some kid from the Under-23's to fill in at CB we would likely have got through to the Europa Quarter-Finals after that game in Kiev. Arguably the worst CB performance from an Everton player since Kroldrup.

Bilic. Useless.

Yeah very much this! Still annoys me to this day.

Quality player too which made it even more annoying. All he did was get sent off constantly and then got injured for years before making a lazarus like come back for the world cup before retiring and then ended up playing again in Croatia.

The only good thing he did here was after one of our early season games were he went on the tannoy after the game to read out the West Ham vs Liverpool score (West Ham won).

From our last 4 full time managers and two directors of football spanning 7 years...

Alcaraz
Mcgeady
Kone
Eto'o
Niasse
Bolassie
Williams
Schneiderlin
Cuco Martinez
Klaasen
Sandro
Siggurdson
Rooney
Walcott
Tosun
Delph
Iwobi
Kean

Some serious serious poo and / or errors of judgement there. Assembled at great cost in terns of fees and wages. Frankly, our dealings have been horrific in the main, not even sure I can single out individual players here as 'the worst'.
Kone was unlucky with a bad injury, same with Bolasie. Both were actually OK players. Martina was obviously signed as a reserve player and cost next to nothing.
Sigurdsson wouldn't even be so bad if we hadn't ridiculously overpaid for him.
Rooney was pretty much our best player for the time he was here, probably only let go because of his age and his wages.
Delph hasn't been terrible either.

Out of those I would say Eto'o caused the most damage. Seems to undermine Martinez's authority and offered basically nothing

In terms of return on investment, I'd narrow it down to Klaassen, Niasse, Tosun and Sandro so far.

Klaassen and Sandro barely played for us, while Niasse and Cenk have close to 40 games each, less than 10 goals, huge payments, have been impossible to move on and have generally been crap.

However it's hard to overlook the managers. Koeman takes the cake for me, i am having an absolute field day at his past-expiry-yoghurt-face complaining about how ref's decisions are messing up his job at Barcelona.

Kone was unlucky with a bad injury, same with Bolasie. Both were actually OK players. Martina was obviously signed as a reserve player and cost next to nothing.
Sigurdsson wouldn't even be so bad if we hadn't ridiculously overpaid for him.
Rooney was pretty much our best player for the time he was here, probably only let go because of his age and his wages.
Delph hasn't been terrible either.

Out of those I would say Eto'o caused the most damage. Seems to undermine Martinez's authority and offered basically nothing
Aside from that one day at Burnley. He was unstoppable. To think we had him and Lukaku upfront...

Ashley Williams, think a few have forgot him, sorry.
Scored a late winner against Arsenal so I don't think of him as badly as I do others.

Alex Iwobi though. Absolute nothing player. Definitely our worst ever buy for me. Showed nothing at Arsenal. Did not deserve to come here for free, let alone spend that much money on him.

When we were first linked with him:

Bernard, wound me right up on Sunday strolling round thinking he's Luca Modric.

No wonder we got him on a free. Probably gives about 60%

Yeah very much this! Still annoys me to this day.

Quality player too which made it even more annoying. All he did was get sent off constantly and then got injured for years before making a lazarus like come back for the world cup before retiring and then ended up playing again in Croatia.

The only good thing he did here was after one of our early season games were he went on the tannoy after the game to read out the West Ham vs Liverpool score (West Ham won).

He took us for a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.