Our worst signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave! We was never going down, 13th when he took over with a load gash teams below us.

A stain on our history that he has us on his CV.
Pretty sure we weren’t 13th, if I remember right we’d just won under unsworth and We’re about 17th, who knows but he did a better job that Marco

The worst signing we have ever made, and no-one will ever convince me otherwise, the thought that Sammy Lee graced the touchline in Everton gear makes me sick. You can take your Glenn keeleys, Brett Angels, Alex Nyarkos, David Burrows, the big moneys spent on the likes of Ashley Williams, Oumar Niasse, even Gylfi Sigurdsson, put your Sander Westerveld or Espen Baardsen in goal and have them managed by Mike Walker, none of it, even Peter Johnson owning it. none of it is worse than that dirty kopite parading an Everton jacket and acting like he gave a ...........

I had a feeling that it was the end for Colin Harvey when he got Cottee. The team needed more
ingenuity, a creator rather than a box player. But at least he scored some goals. Joe harper, Mo Johnson, Henry Newton also come to mind as bad and costly.

Will we ever say that Iwobi was crap but he at least he scored the odd goal?

My choice as the worst return ever on a signing would be Bilic.

Money can only be compared to the era. Vinny Samways cost a lot didn’t deliver anything.
ibrahima bakayoko - 6m in the 90s... was championship manager superstar looked like he couldn’t do anything.
Niasse - 16.8 a signing that had all the signs of a huge bung being paid to someone... as did shane tarashaj.

Status
Not open for further replies.