Our worst signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always tried and scored 99 goals for the club. Very harsh to put him in this thread.
Yeah fair comment. Nothing was expected from a lot of the players mentioned in this thread. Cottee was supposed to make us title challengers again but just wasn't that good

Cuco Martina, we signed Southampton’s 3rd choice right back, when we were absolutely throwing the cash around... what a disaster
It was a standing joke on the south coast that Cuco had some dirt on Koeman :)

Scored a fantastic (fluke) goal while down here though. A drunk, blind pensioner could certainly defend better.

What about the two Chinese lads and Rodrigo Moyes bought - god knows what that was about?
The ‘Chinese lads’ came in as part of the sponsorship with Kejian. Li Tie was actually a decent player for us, but then broke his leg very badly which ended any chance of being at a Premier level. Li Wei Feng wasn’t good and basically only played in an absolute emergency next to Peter Clarke. Rodrigo had impressed on trial then got crocked.

James Beattie for me.
The expectation (from me) was immense as I knew what a player he was at southampton. Pretty pants even if you allow for 'cough' injury and never looked fit or bothered.

At least we got a few quid back.

From day one i couldnt believe how sluggish he was. Looked like he was dragging a caravan in almost every game in a blue shirt.

Scored nearly 100 goals for the club. He was what he was. A great goal poacher but not a great gifted player.
He shouldnt be in the worst signing catergory though. Way down the list compared to so many others
Just checked back I'm comfortable with his inclusion, 1988-1994 he was with us.

Bilic, his Everton playing days were much like his management of WBA.

Oh yes found him, Madar, could not remember the name the other night. Think he was post bad injury and was a punt by Kendall.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.