Our worst signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if these guys have been mentioned. But in trying to think outside the usual suspects. Outside the usual names that come up when talking about waste of money signings.
These few spring to mind..........Jo......short name......even shorter Everton career.........not great for us.
And Vinny Samways. Blink and you have missed his Everton career. Although he did score a loopy punt of a goal in a charity shield once.....
Luke Garbutt........another waste of money. Although I did once think that he looked promising.
Also Johnny Heitinga..........not great. And that New Zealand defender we once signed. Can't remember his name.......
And the German I think we nicknamed "the hammer".
Maybe those guys were not terrible footballers. But they didn't do much for us.
Ps.........hard to say who our worst ever signing was. Maybe Glenn Keeley.
Most costly and waste of money.........Siggy. Closely followed by any number of players brought in the past five years.
Besic...... Bolassie....... Iwobi.......Walcott.....Tosun......Klassen......all those bought from Wigan.
We (Everton) have wasted some amount of money in recent years. Add to that the money paid to useless managers as well. We must have a nice sympathetic bank manager.........Up the Toffees.....

Johnny Heitinga?!? o_Oo_O

Monetary - siggy, bolasie, nyarko, bilic, niasse, tosun, walcott
Reasoning - tosun, walcott, brett angell,
Injuries- danny williamson, rodrigo, gbamin (hope not),
Just no - mark hughes, john collins, Delph, alcaraz, the striker from wigan that martinez bought who was so bad I've wiped my memory of him

Just no - mark hughes, john collins, Delph, alcaraz, the striker from wigan that martinez bought who was so bad I've wiped my memory of him

Kone?

John Collins suffered from not being the player everyone seemed to think he was. People had him down as some kind of elegant playmaker but he was never that. He was always a fairly simple give and go type midfielder, like an evolved Tom Cleverly.

To be fair to him I give him credit for filling in quite well at left back when we had one of our regular massive injury crisis's back then.

Mrak Pembridge and Scott Gemmil, they always tried and never faulted their effort but were really limited players.

Nikalas Alexanderson, Jesper Blomquivst.

This is a depressing rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.