Our worst Premier League XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Burrows was Mike Walker thought it was a good idea to swap him with Cottee and it was a shocking piece of business. He was non descript really, he never did much and Royle moved him on. I think left back was one of the hardest positions to pick as we've generally not had too many shockers. I only picked plays in their best positions so for that reason Martina was ruled out.

Kenny Sansom (great player in his day of course). That said, ten games one goal..

The Cottee thing was mad as we bought Ferguson in at roughly the same time, the type of player everyone said Cottee needed to play alongside to thrive.

How people can throw an out of position Martina in there, is beyond me.

The lad tries his best
When you have fodder like O’Kane, Pistone (how many games did he play for us again?)

He may be garbage but he’s no where near our worst.

Both of those players were better then Martina. Pistone was first choice left back in the season we finished 4th. Shove the “lad tries his best” up your arse as well, he was one of the laziest, thickest players I’ve ever seen.

Inspired by the best-of thread and for a bit of a laugh.

Plenty of absolutely sickeningly horrific footballers to choose from. Many because they simply lacked any ounce of talent, others because they were washed-up and well past their sell-by date, and others who cost a bomb and delivered nothing.

Without putting too much thought into it (it's late) and trying to use a blend of the above criteria...

Espen Baardsen

Peter Degn - Per Kroldrup - Antolin Alcaraz - Cuco Martina

Yannick Bolasie - Claus Thompsen - Andy van der Meyde

Paul Gascoigne

Stewart Barlow - Brett Angell
Subs:
Sander Westerveld (humiliating)
Ashley Williams (in his final season)
Li Weifeng (forced on us by Kejian)
Oumar Niasse (couldn't even give him away)
Sandro Ramirez (see above)
David Ginola (five years earlier maybe..)
Marc Hottinger (just remember him being awful basically).

Over to you lot.
[/QUOTE
Aaaaarrrgghhh Koldrup, I was there and had had conviced myself it never happened. Was with my RS mate who insisted we leave at 4 nil because we were so [Poor language removed]

As footballers (touch, control, vision, and general technique) they are up there with the very worst we’ve ever had.

Tremendous athletes, but that doesn’t do anything for me. I want a player who can control a football - Iwobi can’t.

Hmmmm

Stupid video title but I'd say the evidence that he can control a football is there.

I forgot about Eddie Youds . For a good reason .He would be on my subs bench for sure .
Madar was awesome . When he woke up on the right side of bed .

That wasn't down to Phelan though! He was boss was Terry, bombing up and down the wings, got a chant after a couple of games, he did alright and didn't actually do anything wrong for us. Hinchcliffe was a big loss though as he was one of our most important players with how we played.

Yeah he got injured and it pretty much ended his career, think he was with us for 3 more years but could never get fit again.

Burrows was a mad signing, I can only remember him playing in the 0-0 derby in Royles first season.
Plus Phelan has the best nickname for a footballer - Angry Ant lol

Burrows, now that was a player with a very slapable face, plus he was crap.

How people can throw an out of position Martina in there, is beyond me.

The lad tries his best
When you have fodder like O’Kane, Pistone (how many games did he play for us again?)

He may be garbage but he’s no where near our worst.

Mate he did try his best, and I honestly don’t think there is much hate for the lad in this forum... but he is hands down one of the worst players this club has had in the last 20 years. Genuinely not even championship level, lord knows how Koeman could sign him twice. I know what you mean though, he did try and I just felt bad for the guy until Baines was fit to play again.

He makes my team.

XS4wMbF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.