Our worst Premier League XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant I’ve watched the PL for twenty-eight years from its outset: for my sins, I’ve had the pleasure to watch the blues for many decades now.

Personally, neither of them are anywhere near the bottom of the barrel.
As footballers (touch, control, vision, and general technique) they are up there with the very worst we’ve ever had.

Tremendous athletes, but that doesn’t do anything for me. I want a player who can control a football - Iwobi can’t.

As footballers (touch, control, vision, and general technique) they are up there with the very worst we’ve ever had.

Tremendous athletes, but that doesn’t do anything for me. I want a player who can control a football - Iwobi can’t.
Did you never ever watch Brett Angel, Marc Hottiger or Mitch Ward play? Come on, we've even had Martina recently who is by far the worse in all your categories.

It's all personal opinion of course, but you've obviously been saved a lot of pain if you feel that those two are some of the worst in the PL era.

Pre-92 there's lots more.

Did you never ever watch Brett Angel, Marc Hottiger or Mitch Ward play? Come on, we've even had Martina recently who is by far the worse in all your categories.

It's all personal opinion of course, but you've obviously been saved a lot of pain if you feel that those two are some of the worst in the PL era.

Pre-92 there's lots more.

Yes, I’ve watched all the above.

Alexander Iwobi can’t control or pass a football.

Barlow did hit the net a few times and was always an option to cause problems. Far worse forwards than him - Sandro for instance.
I'd put Klassen in ahead of Simon Davies as well. Maybe drop Mitch Ward and put Stefan Rehn in there as well.

No, I'll stick with my choices!

By the way mate, Stefan Rehn never played for us in the Premier League, he was here during the 89/90 season and was sold before the season was over he was that poor for us.

I always liked gemmil for us. Just wish he took a chance and played a through ball a bit more often because he had it in his locker. As for Tiler there were worse centre halfs in the squad he was in let alone ever.

Gemmill played a massive part in keeping us up when he signed along with Campbell.

Got injured the next season if I remember correctly and was never the same again.

For me a bad player needs to have played at least 5 games for us and shown absolutely nothing for us during that time.

Players like Tony Thomas, Oumar Niasse, Stuart Barlow, they may have been objectively bad players but they at least did something for us during their time here (Thomas was tremendous in the Bolton game where Ferguson got his hat trick after being named captain.) even Marc Hottiger scored a goal for us.

I don't understand how people put the likes of a limited trier like Carl Tiler in their sides ahead of utter wasters like Slaven Bilic who had loads of ability but took the pee out of us when he was here, getting sent off all over the place before pretending to be injured for 3 seasons.

Players like Johns Spencer managed to play 7 games for us without seemingly kicking a ball. Sandro and Klaassen should be in anyone's team. Klaassen because of what return we got from him and Sandro because he plays like a dog chasing a ball.

How people can throw an out of position Martina in there, is beyond me.

The lad tries his best
When you have fodder like O’Kane, Pistone (how many games did he play for us again?)

He may be garbage but he’s no where near our worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.