Our worst Premier League XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worrying that we don’t promote many these days and I’m sure some of them would do a job as squad players.

what was most worrying is that we had the so called golden generation of Davies Kenny Dowell Baningime and none of them look anywhere near the level required. It shows that the rest of them were absolutely nowhere near. Barkley is really the last player from the academy that was at the required level. Stones Calvert Lewin and Holgate we bought in.

I don’t think Klassen was a bad player. He was just in a team that didn’t fit him at all.
He was all one quick touch and move into space when we were desperate for someone to run with the ball.

Klaassen is in no way a bad player.

However he was rubbish for us. Like proper rubbish.

We could easily make a team of players who were good elsewhere but rubbish for us.

I can't believe I have just seen Terry Phelan in someones team...

Phelan was good for us when he played.

And he was better than "Steve" Burrows...

I can't believe I have just seen Terry Phelan in someones team...

Phelan was good for us when he played.

And he was better than "Steve" Burrows...

It was my team Phelan was in. I remember he came in when Hinchcliffe got injured and we went from 6th to fighting relegation that season. To be fair there was more to it than him but he then spent a full season injured as well. David Burrows was poor but I thought Phelan just edged it.

It was my team Phelan was in. I remember he came in when Hinchcliffe got injured and we went from 6th to fighting relegation that season. To be fair there was more to it than him but he then spent a full season injured as well. David Burrows was poor but I thought Phelan just edged it.

That wasn't down to Phelan though! He was boss was Terry, bombing up and down the wings, got a chant after a couple of games, he did alright and didn't actually do anything wrong for us. Hinchcliffe was a big loss though as he was one of our most important players with how we played.

Yeah he got injured and it pretty much ended his career, think he was with us for 3 more years but could never get fit again.

Burrows was a mad signing, I can only remember him playing in the 0-0 derby in Royles first season.

That wasn't down to Phelan though! He was boss was Terry, bombing up and down the wings, got a chant after a couple of games, he did alright and didn't actually do anything wrong for us. Hinchcliffe was a big loss though as he was one of our most important players with how we played.

Yeah he got injured and it pretty much ended his career, think he was with us for 3 more years but could never get fit again.

Burrows was a mad signing, I can only remember him playing in the 0-0 derby in Royles first season.

The thing about Burrows was Mike Walker thought it was a good idea to swap him with Cottee and it was a shocking piece of business. He was non descript really, he never did much and Royle moved him on. I think left back was one of the hardest positions to pick as we've generally not had too many shockers. I only picked plays in their best positions so for that reason Martina was ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.