LCB - Williams
LB - Galloway /Connolly
DM - Gana / Davies
CM -
LW -
ACM - Barkley
RW - Deulofeu
CF- Lukaku

I'd have those 10 in a 25 men squad...the rest can be sold.

People can talk about priorities but our priority signings are all over the pitch. We need to sign an entirely new team really.

If Sunderland are finished by Jan i'd sign Pickford from them and Depay from United on loan...perhaps Schneiderlin based on how highly hes rated on here.

Other than that its not obvious who would be available in Jan...£35mil on Virgil Van Dyke if Southampton are open to offers

Baines & Bolasie stay in there for me, maybe Coleman, just

The type of players he signed at Southampton are a million miles away for what we went after in the summer. Would like to see him go after players doing well in lesser leagues but with obvious quality instead of [Poor language removed] like Sissoko & Valencia

We played awful yesterday and rightfully there's is a lot of scorn on some of the players, but personally a massive clear out isn't the answer.

Nor is it actually required. Yes some need sending on their way, however I think a number of vital additions will significantly strengthen our squad.

It'll also allow some of the players currently filling starting XI positions to be used as squad/rotation players and offer a little bit more flexibility.

Our problem is that we look fragile when a key players (like Gana) aren't available, when really we should be able to chop and change more freely.

For me, the only certain bins are Niasse, Koné, Gibson and obviously send Valencia back; these players then need replacing with quality additions.

Three league wins on the bounce.

The players were never the problem were they really? All talk of the "best squad since the 80s" needing to be scrapped proven to be a load of nonsense.

The players were never the problem were they really? All talk of the "best squad since the 80s" needing to be scrapped proven to be a load of nonsense.

Needs three or four players signed capable of going into the first team. If we get those in this window and the summer without losing any first choice players, then we'll have a squad capable of pushing for a Champions League place next season.

Excellent thread vaulting though

*doffs cap

Needs three or four players signed capable of going into the first team. If we get those in this window and the summer without losing any first choice players, then we'll have a squad capable of pushing for a Champions League place next season.

Excellent thread vaulting though

*doffs cap
It's what he'll be judged on, not reaching the dizzying heights of 7th!

The squad he inherited are largely on the pitch...just as they were back in the opening 5 games of this season. Truth is this manager has not made adequate use of them.

Koeman added a couple of players into his team. And we all know the previous manager was the problem mainly.

Totally agree mate, but first he had to consolidate a bit, so the seventh place trophy is ( hopefully ) just the first step in the transformation of the team / squad / club.

The squad he inherited are largely on the pitch...just as they were back in the opening 5 games of this season. Truth is this manager has not made adequate use of them.
But he has, they are 7th not 11th...

Makes a massive difference being able to stick on Morgs and Lookman rather than The Clev and Kone.
Should think so given £35m has just been paid on them.

And that sort of extra quality at his disposal will all go into the analysis of exactly what he's doing here this time next season.

My view is he's a bang average manager and that will be borne out when we're at 7th or worse next season.

Only time will prove me right on that though.

Totally agree mate, but first he had to consolidate a bit, so the seventh place trophy is ( hopefully ) just the first step in the transformation of the team / squad / club.
It'd be an acceptable first season. Then he'll have to prove himself by getting a position that keeps your job.

Should think so given £35m has just been paid on them.

And that sort of extra quality at his disposal will all go into the analysis of exactly what he's doing here this time next season.

My view is he's a bang average manager and that will be borne out when we're at 7th or worse next season.

Only time will prove me right on that though.

As we move on players bought under the manager we had out of his depth and replace them with quality the squad will improve, our last manager bought 22 players and by the summer we are likely to only have 3 of those players remaining thankfully.

In terms of squad building, our current manager is currently taking the squad in a good direction, quality brought in, dross sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.