2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt say it was, i said i had suspicions it was.

They are largely based on that transfer being a big outlay at the time - when we got a few bob people were happy for Oumar to be a mascot of sorts - but under the last regime it was significant money - in many ways Oumar was lucky he came here when he did - because if he was this bad and we were skint there would be hell to pay.

My suspicions are largely based on the fact we were linked with players in Russia under Martinez, Yarmelenko, we signed McGeady, i suspect we were enmeshed in the market there, contacts with agents etc and maybe were doing a back scratching deal with an agent, maybe for another run at Yarmelenko in the summer, Martinez didn't survive that long though as we know.

Its also the fact we never scouted him and just saw a dvd and paid what was a significant amount then on that basis, also the quality of the lad himself and the fee and contract he was given, it all just doesn't add up to me. I have no proof nor am i making an accusation and dont know the truth of it, but ive always thought it was a suspicious deal.

It was just a bad signing! It was a decent amount of money, not huge or anything but there are countless instances of clubs paying decent money for a player who didn't work out.

He was in a good run of form in a mid standard league. Honestly its no more dodgy a signing than Cenk Tosun but nobody really questions why we paid that much for him. Klaassen is another one, 2 players who played in average leagues and did well and we spent big on.

It can just be a rubbish signing, there doesn't have to be any hidden stuff going on.

Yes, once he goes, we have to look at the deal to bring him here, and a few more since, and learn from them, very poor deals and costly, hopefully we WILL learn from them. No blame on Niasse, his agent got him a very good deal and he would have been a fool not to sign it, he must have made enough from it to live a very comfortable life from now on, and he will get another deal and more wages for the next few years.

I would bet he wasn't on a paltry wage at Lokomotiv either, obviously not near what he is on here but he wouldn't have been paid buttons.

I don't think we will eradicate transfer mistakes, just like any club. Even Alex Ferguson has a Djemba Djemba or a Bebe in his past. It's just one of those things.

Would be nice if we didn't make a bunch of poor deals all at once again....

It was just a bad signing! It was a decent amount of money, not huge or anything but there are countless instances of clubs paying decent money for a player who didn't work out.

He was in a good run of form in a mid standard league. Honestly its no more dodgy a signing than Cenk Tosun but nobody really questions why we paid that much for him. Klaassen is another one, 2 players who played in average leagues and did well and we spent big on.

It can just be a rubbish signing, there doesn't have to be any hidden stuff going on.

Fair enough mate, each to their own, I’ll always have suspicions in all honesty, not that I can prove anything.

Our Senegalese prince being a man of parts, he may well be planning on merely riding out the season, letting his contract run out, and beginning a new career in the financial sector. Maybe open a brokerage or start a hedge fund. Or perhaps film. Could be anything, really.

Good riddance in the summer ;-) He ended up being a novelty signing that gave us a few laughs over the time of his contract but won't be remembered for his football ;-( but what it cost us !

Living his best life on his week off
F87D6D7E-C4CA-44BA-B0FC-37344AECF4EE.jpeg

Fair enough mate, each to their own, I’ll always have suspicions in all honesty, not that I can prove anything.

i looked a few years back at who the agents other clients where and niasse was his most high profile, thought there must have been something in it myself, like that Brazilian fullback (Mattioni? or something) who was in our reserves for a short period, think he was that Raiola's

Status
Not open for further replies.