On a positive note....

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are spot on mate but the problem is that Baines was our most effective player going forward...now thats a problem:rolleyes:

you are also spot on but glen johnson carved baines to pieces partially because he was so far forward and also because baines is too small. granted, playing pompey is like a day out in jurassic park but positional play should never be compromised.

lescott to left back immediately. please note that this not to absolve lescott of his terrible start to the season its just that he is a great left back and should be reinstated to that position.

I'm hoping that Sunderland come in with a renewed bid for Baines because he's certainly not " our future left back for years to come ".Either that or use him in midfield in front of Lescott or a more reliable and defensively minded Valente.Having Baines in our defence creates a massive inbalance.

Until recently i was a great supporter of Leighton Baines, but it has become glaringly obvious that the greater good of our defensive structure is flawed with his inclusion.

Get Jags back at centre-half. As I see it, our CBs should be Jags +1. As yesterday's performance has cemented Leighton Baines' LB berth, and, as much as it seems daft to say it, maybe a spell on the bench will do Joleon some good.

Posted this before I saw Vim's post but each to his own opinion eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed with Vim. Baines and Lescott have obviously had a little whine to Moyes about playing in their favoured position and he's listened and tried it - it hasn't worked.
Whether Lescott believes it or not he is a better LB then CB and Moyes needs to tell him and stick him there cos Baines is [Poor language removed] at defending at LB and is our weak link. Lescott has no chance of playing CB for England so he may aswell just knuckle down and crack on with playing LB - he must surely realise he can atleast get forward more and provide crosses and goals like he proved last season
If Lescott goes back to LB then it will mean Jags goes back to CB where he is also best suited and Robert's your Dad's brother
I couldn't give a [Poor language removed] about Baines sat on the bench with the arse

i dont understand lasscott he got in the england team as a left back so y does he wanna play centre back?

I'm hoping that Sunderland come in with a renewed bid for Baines because he's certainly not " our future left back for years to come ".Either that or use him in midfield in front of Lescott or a more reliable and defensively minded Valente.Having Baines in our defence creates a massive inbalance.

Until recently i was a great supporter of Leighton Baines, but it has become glaringly obvious that the greater good of our defensive structure is flawed with his inclusion.

Said this for a while, Baines is a woeful woeful defender, he got caught out and tore apart by there right winger all game

Also, not forgetting that Kraenkjar(who is arguably their best player) wasn't playing and is their RM/RW and would have DEFO scored atleast one goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.