On a positive note....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we should look for positives. We just lost at home to a poor side 3-0, so its hard to find positives in that.
I'm in no way a glory hunter, just a very worried Evertonian about how our club is going right now.
To a poor side? What makes us so much better than Portsmouth? We arent the only side in the league with really good players. We played better football than they did today, kept possession well, but they have a brilliant striker in Defoe who was able to rip us to shreds on the counter, due to bad defending.

We didnt play [Poor language removed] today and it wasnt the same as the Blackburn game, we played [Poor language removed] in the Blackburn game. In the 2nd half of this game I was actually sitting and thinking, you know, we've had some [Poor language removed] good chances, we've passed the ball well and we're attacking always, we could possibly even win this from 2-0 down.

People need to get to grips that we arent above every other team in the league all because we finished 5th last season. Yes its a [Poor language removed] disappointing result, I'm [Poor language removed] pissed off, but I'm not gonna blast the team and say that was a [Poor language removed] performance, because then I might as well not even watch football because then everything about it would be [Poor language removed].

The defence needs sorting right [Poor language removed] now, six goals conceded in two dire home games should be setting off the alarm bells.

Get Lescott back to left back,Jagielka back partnering Yobo and restore the solidity. I'm sick of Baines getting muscled off the ball, i don't care about his qualities going forward, a defender's primary job is to defend.

i can see differences in the way we are trying to play this season though.

we are definatly trying to hold the ball more in the center of the pitch.
osman is running like the ball is stuck to his feet at times (taking more players on rather than looking for the pass) and rodwell , although he is doing the covering and tracking back carsley did , he is also looking to play the ball around , switching play , looking for the pass and move.

arteta (or who ever has played on the right wing) seem to be pushing higher up too , running more into the right channel johnson frequantly ran into last season.

baines is definatly been given the licence to bomb forward as much as possible , but i think this wouldnt be as much the case if pienaar was available.

although on the whole , the defence do seem to be playing very deep for some odd reason so far this season.

perhaps becouse the club have trained on the 'new' tactics they may have taken there eye off the ball where it comes to the defence.

it was our best assett last season , so they probably felt they needed to concentrate more on the midfeild play at the expence of the defence.

as for the training with the strikers , well , they either havent been here or have been unfit.it has probably been a struggle working on strike partnerships and getting them to gel , regardless of the amount to pick from and the quality of striker available

The defence needs sorting right [Poor language removed] now, six goals conceded in two dire home games should be setting off the alarm bells.

Get Lescott back to left back,Jagielka back partnering Yobo and restore the solidity. I'm sick of Baines getting muscled off the ball, i don't care about his qualities going forward, a defender's primary job is to defend.

Spot on mate.

It all starts in back.

Neville/Jacobsen....Jags...Yobo....Lescott

GET IT SORTED !!!

Beggars belief how people can regard their third goal as soft. If one of ours had done what Defoe did we'd be creaming ourselves. Lets give some credit where its due. Their 2nd goal was also very good.

Beggars belief how people can regard their third goal as soft. If one of ours had done what Defoe did we'd be creaming ourselves. Lets give some credit where its due. Their 2nd goal was also very good.

Superb finish but how much time and space did they have and how easy did they create the chance,about their only one of the second half. Thats the problem.

It was a goal he never should of been allowed to score.

.......this shows Kenwright that things are not going well. If we had won today it would only paper over the cracks. This could lever come more money out of him. Get Moutinho!!!

he's parted with more pounds on the lav this summer than in the transfer market

The main positive for me is that I didn't waste £100+ on a trip over to watch the match, as I very nearly did.

know what you mean,been all 3 games
got a stoke ticket today....dreading it now tbh.
will have to get a derby ticket this week............. ditto.
now questioning liege, it could be over at home on evidence so far.
after liege....barcodes & ushited at home.

on evidence pre-season and so far we could wait a while for a home win, i know form counts for nothin' in the derby, but this team wont raise itself the way it needs to unless we get a couple of decent signings in and sort our [Poor language removed] out and fast.

we dont get lucky ever, and we need a lot at the moment

Superb finish but how much time and space did they have and how easy did they create the chance,about their only one of the second half. Thats the problem.

It was a goal he never should of been allowed to score.

Nobody should ever score against us. Sometimes it takes a bit of magic, like the 3rd goal.

As posted before, last season i think we conceeded 17 goals ? this season we`ve shipped 6 in two home games.Heard Sharp on the way home saying get Jolean back to left back, he was solid and got England call ups playing on the left.Jags back in with Yobo to pull us up the pitch coz Yobo and Lescott arnt doing it plus he does a fair bit of shouting which Yobo/Lescott dont.
Thought we played better than we did in the first two games

Nobody should ever score against us. Sometimes it takes a bit of magic, like the 3rd goal.
What magic?

All Crouch did was watch the ball and head it in..simple as that no way was it defoes goal in any way shape or form,he maybe 9 feet tall and be freakishly ugly but he did what proffessional footballers are paid to do..he watched the ball and when it DIDNT go over the line he swooped like a gangly eagle

Hell even pompeys site gave it to Crouch..

Last edited:
Yes it does. How's about a little pride. We never gave up, constantly moving on and off the ball, played some decent ball inbetween, always going forward looking for a goal, not giving up accepting defeat. Unlucky with the finishing and if the defense did their job....well.
agree, the result is obviously dissapointing but the performance wasn't as bad as the result indicates

What magic?

All Crouch did was watch the ball and head it in..simple as that no way was it defoes goal in any way shape or form,he maybe 9 feet tall and be freakishly ugly but he did what proffessional footballers are paid to do..he watched the ball and when it DIDNT go over the line he swooped like a gangly eagle

Hell even pompeys site gave it to Crouch..

Oh dear, it must sting that it has been verified to be Defoe's goal. There can be no denying that his chip was something special.

you are spot on mate but the problem is that Baines was our most effective player going forward...now thats a problem:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.