Transfer Rumour Oleksander Zinchenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the link that’s most exciting imo. Type of player we could build something around. Seems maybe we’re just waiting for the first domino to fall with Rich so we can actually start making moves. Just hope we don’t wait around too long.

Watch Ukraine much mate?
A fair bit, mainly because they have played England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland recently and I like to watch France (purely to see the quality they have going toward) and this is before the games they played at the Euros. So I would say about 9 times over the last couple of years.

Good player. Excites me way more than Harry Winks as I feel Harry Winks is more of a luxury player.

Yes, Zinchenko plays mostly as LB, but Pep's tactics sometimes require the LB and RB to tuck in - almost like a DCM/CM. So actually, I think he would do okay at Midfield for us. Definitely an upgrade to whoever we have at the moment. And no shame to not able to displace the likes of KDB, Gündoğan & Bernado Silva.

If he is available for less than 20mil, why not take that risk, instead of taking risks on players like Harry Winks. We got one Spurs outcast, why get another?

I think a better idea would be to go and buy a player who's a CM rather than adapt a player who's only ever played as a FB in this league. Who on earth would gamble £30M on that if they can get a CM? It's got Drunken Sailor Everton period written all over it this.

Hardly watched zinchenko but did see him boss the midfield against Wales in the WC qualifier a few weeks ago. He looked like he belonged in that position and in my humble opinion he would be streets ahead of any of our midfield at the moment and if we can get him for a reasonable fee then we should.

No brainer for me. Get him in. Sure, he is not a big name. But he is a decent player, and will improve our midfield imam instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.