Old Everton Pictures

Getting so tired last night plus I had a very interested poster following my photo trail - I answered in politeness as I feel this thread has so much kind posters on it ......It was very late when I finished of course it's the 1963 team - thank you for spotting my error as fatigue set in at 1-49 am LOL a glaring error by me -
What a great team that was started at the age of 6 years old watching them - my late father took me and sat me on a crash barrier for just a few games home plus away - he loved Roy Vernon - I was blown away by the adulation from the fans the GV got plus how classy Labby was at centre half - it was a great all round team......
Keep up the great work Joey,like u my first visits were on 63 with my late father.Remember first game we went in the Park end stand no less!Without warning when we got to the turnstile my Dad hoisted me over the turnstile and dropped the guy some dosh.Fantastic experience a night game v Bolton saw the GV score in a 2-0 victory.Great memories,great team.

The Winslow 2016 -
1606429821914.png

The GV with David France who introduced the hall of fame for our club and the Historical Society with fantastic success for the players' foundation to rise funds that have helped former players who wage wise were never paid enough plus any blue - setting the trend for some other big clubs to follow - a remarkable achievement for David France a true blue -also wrote17 books about the Blues -
1606430370799.png

Last edited:

David Harry France, OBE (born 30 June 1948) is an author, football historian and philanthropist. Throughout the past two decades, he has been the driving force behind numerous initiatives related to Everton Football Club including Gwladys Street's Hall of Fame, the Everton Former Players' Foundation, the EFC Heritage Society, the Founding Fathers of Merseyside Football and the David France Collection (now known as the Everton Collection). In January 2011, Liverpool's Freedom of the City panel rewarded David France with the prestigious title of Citizen of Honour.[1]

France was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2012 New Year Honours for services to football in the United Kingdom and Europe. -
1606430823711.png

Portraits of the founding fathers of Everton FC, presented to Everton Chief Executive Robert Elstone by David France. The portraits are (left to right front) John Houlding, George Mahon, John McKenna and Dr James Baxter, with Rev Ben Chambers (back left) and Will Cuff (back right)