Old Everton Pictures

Dixie with Joe Mercer plus?is it Tommy Johnson?
1605705272372.png

Sir John Moore's who in the 1960s gave us the title as the Mersey Millionaires - he was ruthless ran our club like his Littlewoods businesses - He also then sat on the LFC Board too which is illegal now - here he is in the 1980s as an EFC Board member - two sucessful decades with him at the realm more so influenced in the 1960’s though - After 1963 our team was littered with home-grown talent with local players, plus youth players & key signings -
SJM.jpg

I know football was altogether different back then, but what record, sublime !!
It may have been different but Dixie was still playing with the same rules & formations of teams put out - like every era of football - I have read most of his autobiographies he was a complete athlete in stature a bit like a young Wayne Rooney not a tall CF, but with a bullet header.... plus his all round play not sure he was even booked -.......

It may have been different but Dixie was still playing with the same rules & formations of teams put out - like every era of football - I have read most of his autobiographies he was a complete athlete in stature a bit like a young Wayne Rooney not a tall CF, but with a bullet header.... plus his all round play not sure he was even booked -.......
You would have to kill someone back then to get booked, but seriously Dixie was special !!

Wee Bobby Collins working as a connler - playin ametuer football up in Scotland - we provisionally signed him as a youngster, but made a Horlicks of the paperwork - so he then signed for Celtic instead. The Scottish FA baked him = Everton that - we signed him much later on in his illustrious career then released him far too early like Bally - Everton that -
1605717179517.png